End to 2012, Start 2013 Italy

Ruddles

First off, reason i've been missing from the site for a while is that a 2 year relationship with my g/f ended just before Christmas last year. Had a pretty bad time regarding it all and couldn't have come at a worse time; back at college and no job currently.

Been through alot and had the opportunity to go boarding in Italy last week with a friend. Just what I needed and really helped to clear my head and help me get over things.

Location was Sauze D'Oulx and I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking or considering a ski holiday.

So in true fashion, here are some pics!! Enjoy!! (oh and the chairlift one shows how cold Wednesday was).

IMG_0330_zpsdb331cd1.jpg

IMG_0339_zps65d4e2e3.jpg

IMG_0340_zps54e6af79.jpg

IMG_0341_zps3c1bc462.jpg

IMG_0347_zpsdfe9b0ba.jpg

IMG_0356_zps2b15458e.jpg

IMG_0404_zps4af5a10a.jpg

IMG_0412_zps5054c640.jpg

IMG_0415_zps2ad137d0.jpg

IMG_0420_zps78d2c3bd.jpg

IMG_0422_zps9ff6463b.jpg

IMG_0423_zps36757eda.jpg

IMG_0424_zps0d574db9.jpg

IMG_0440_zpsb1d46fa1.jpg

IMG_0450_zps9a038cce.jpg

IMG_0455_zps1ee3cbc0.jpg

IMG_0456_zpsa9816a18.jpg

IMG_0457_zpsffb354cc.jpg

Too right, I can't recommend it enough!! Really good excercise, great time away from the UK and most importantly a hell of a lot of fun!! Great to take your mind off of things.

How did you find France VR46? I went to Tignes in March 2010 and whilst great fun, it was all white, pretty busy and expensive. I can say Italy in Jan wasn't busy at all, not overly expensive and the tree lined runs really break it up nicely :).

The snow plough on the building is actually a Piste Basher that can transfer a substantial party of people up or down the slopes when needed...like a bus effectively! :lol:

Too right, I can't recommend it enough!! Really good excercise, great time away from the UK and most importantly a hell of a lot of fun!! Great to take your mind off of things.

How did you find France VR46? I went to Tignes in March 2010 and whilst great fun, it was all white, pretty busy and expensive. I can say Italy in Jan wasn't busy at all, not overly expensive and the tree lined runs really break it up nicely :).

The snow plough on the building is actually a Piste Basher that can transfer a substantial party of people up or down the slopes when needed...like a bus effectively! :lol:

I can really recommend La Plagne! It's good for all abilities, you can also ski Les Arch and it's not overly expensive like the three valleys. We went the first week of Jan and the snow was amazing and was pretty quiet. It's also got some good bars for a few beers in the evening! :) The scenery there as well is stunning! The only thing that was great was the transfer to the resort (which was 3 hours :dry:) as we flew into Geneva but you can fly to Chambery which is only 2 hours.

I want to go back!!! :(

Only two of us went this year, so it was more slope focused. Going again next year and there should be 10+ so I'd imagine we'll be venturing out for the nightlife a bit more often! :lol:

I'll keep La Plagne on the list, along with Livigne, St.Anton, Saalbach. :thumbs: