Colin McRae documentary BBC2 last night.

stuarty

Was a fantastic documentary. Very emotional

Yip, I'm not really a rally fan but that guy didn't know how to give up. That's the difference between champions and wannabes! I believe he would have done it for free!

Definitely! When he won the championship in 95 he just refused to be told that he was to finish 2nd behind Carlos Sainz. He even kept it pinned when his OWN TEAM members where standing on the stage waving their arms to tell him to slow down haha. Hero!!

Was a fantastic documentary. Very emotional

Yip, I'm not really a rally fan but that guy didn't know how to give up. That's the difference between champions and wannabes! I believe he would have done it for free!

Definitely! When he won the championship in 95 he just refused to be told that he was to finish 2nd behind Carlos Sainz. He even kept it pinned when his OWN TEAM members where standing on the stage waving their arms to tell him to slow down haha. Hero!!

Yeah, the documentary last night showed footage of that and interviewed the team manager about it!

Edited by stuarty

He would have done but clearly couldn't help himself when restraint sometimes was the order of the day, everyone loved his spirit and his refusal to give up and he clearly had a love of excitement which seems may have been his final undoing. I hadn't heard the result of the helicopter crash report before and that was a bit of shock to me. On the whole the programme wasn't bad but I did feel it was more about Chris Hoy wanting to play with the great man's toys, I would have preferred more of a tribute and rally detail but I guess that's already been done.

Was a good documentary. What i heard of it anyway, the mrs was whining in my ear almsot the entire hour asking about the heli crash. i kept telling her to watch and you might find out bit no, she is unable too !

Oh dear sounds like she was perilously close to an accident of her own :blackeye: *

* this forum does not promote domestic violence, just jokes about it :p