How to - "Flyboy" auto-fold wingmirror module

flyboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

really struggling here guys any advice appreciated, wired up and leaving fold switch in the middle position, mirrors don't fold on lock or unfold on unlock ?, however when the ignition is in ACC position, the mirror fold position opens the mirrors and the mirrors open position folds the mirrors :headhurt:

really struggling here guys any advice appreciated, wired up and leaving fold switch in the middle position, mirrors don't fold on lock or unfold on unlock ?, however when the ignition is in ACC position, the mirror fold position opens the mirrors and the mirrors open position folds the mirrors :headhurt:

PM sent with my tel number.

• 1 month later...

Right Update from above.

For whatever reason my JDM car has 4 wires going to the door actuator. Black, White, Grey and Yellow. I don't know if this is just my car but this might be a difference between the two. Anyway, I settled on the Yellow wire in the end and its all working ok!

The manual points to the Yellow wire being the lock command to the drivers door only but I'm not sure if that's actually the case. Works fine with my Central locking either way!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Im sorry but after the hard drive failure on my laptop I have lost the fitting guide and so now cant mail it out to anyone.

There is a wiring schematic in the kit and it is quite easy to wire it from this.

The only difficulty is finding the blue wire behind the speaker as its above the aperture once the speaker is removed and part of a bundle which are wrapped.

Once you have found this then its easy peasy.

I no longer have a 350Z so cant write another guide.

If anyone is having difficulty then pm me with your phone number and ill try to help.

• Like 1

I have the schematic and can send that out no problem, I send one with every kit

Its the guide with the photo record of the install which I dont have any more.

I have pmd tsuri 511 for his email to send it him although i dont remember selling him a kit LOL

rb1.jpg.67e7750f8b1f5f2acdd823829ff13c13.jpg

I usually keep all the instructions for things like this, but can't find anything other than this.

Cookbots instructions are here, I know its not an identical process but is some of it the same? I seem to remember looking at it when I had issues.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/44722-how-to-fit-cookbot-auto-folding-wing-mirror-module/

Tsuri511 100% bought a kit from you, I can vouch for this.

Service seems pretty poor but if it's lost I guess there's not much more to it.

One thing I would say, is if plenty of others have bought this kit from you, and you sent out via email the fitting guide, then surely these other buyers will have this guide and can pass it on / make a copy / forward you another copy etc etc?

Service seems pretty poor

A bit harsh, not the best way to ask for help around here.

The guy has sold his 350z I'm surprised his still around here answering questions. I think the instructions were included in the package rather than emailed. I had a look through my emails before posting the wiring diagram and I don't have it.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I have the schematic and can send that out no problem, I send one with every kit

Its the guide with the photo record of the install which I dont have any more.

I have pmd tsuri 511 for his email to send it him although i dont remember selling him a kit LOL

Tsuri511 100% bought a kit from you, I can vouch for this.

Service seems pretty poor but if it's lost I guess there's not much more to it.

One thing I would say, is if plenty of others have bought this kit from you, and you sent out via email the fitting guide, then surely these other buyers will have this guide and can pass it on / make a copy / forward you another copy etc etc?

As I had already said above I have the schematic wiring diagram and send it out with every kit,

I wasn't saying tsuri 511 didn't have a kit just I don't remember selling him one, these do change hands secondhand very frequently as people remove them from the car when selling it. I quite often send out new schematics to the new owners. Just PM me if you want one.

Service seems pretty poor

A bit harsh, not the best way to ask for help around here.

The guy has sold his 350z I'm surprised his still around here answering questions. I think the instructions were included in the package rather than emailed. I had a look through my emails before posting the wiring diagram and I don't have it.

The 350 went 2 years ago. So no chance of checking out faults on my car anymore, I do however answer questions and give advice when I can on install issues even if the kit didn't come directly off me.

New group buy started for anyone who is interested in a kit.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/66311-flyboy-mirror-auto-fold-module-group-buy-2017/

• Like 1