To GT or not to GT...

I am weighing up if saving a few quid (about a grand) on a non-GT model is something I'll regret further down the line. I'm not too worried about the re-sale price and I've read about the differences in the spec but what I'd like to know is...

What's your favourite thing about having the GT pack?

You'll pay less for the car in the first place so you aren't really losing out on resale value.

For me the cruise control is really good, I find myself using it all the time on the motorway as its easy to set and adjust.

Those heated seats are a godsend in this weather!

Cruise control is great, especially through all the 50mph average speed zones which keep cropping up.

I do completely forget to use the volume control buttons on the wheel though!

Best of all, you get a lovely set of Rays :thumbs:

From what i've read, the GTs tend to hold a bit more value in the car yet if you're not bothered about resale value or fancy gismos, you'll still get a fantastic driving experience from a non-GT.

Brembo's are NOT part of the GT pack. All UK supplied cars came with Brembo brakes.

^^ cruise & Brembo's defo a major improvement from what I've read.

Could be wrong though, often am!!

My bad, I had read that, I forgot! Ooopsie!

.............. Best of all, you get a lovely set of Rays :thumbs: .............

Oh no you don't - Rays were a £1000.00 extra on early cars, and standard on later UK cars both GT and non-GT

Mine has standard rims but they went for the reversing sensors instead.

I'm not that keen on the styling of the rays anyways.

.............. Best of all, you get a lovely set of Rays :thumbs: .............

Oh no you don't - Rays were a £1000.00 extra on early cars, and standard on later UK cars both GT and non-GT

Mine has standard rims but they went for the reversing sensors instead.

I'm not that keen on the styling of the rays anyways.

I stand corrected!

Someone splashed the cash on mine from the showroom then! Ive got rays and reversing sensors!

There was me thinking the reversing sensors were fitted by a previous owner :bangin:

The GTs I see in my price range are all silver, I've seen a base in black which I really like the look of, but I'd obviously spend more time inside driving it than outside looking at it. I'm not against the silver just prefer the black.

I'd totally not thought about the cruise control as I'm not a big motorway miler so thanks to those who mentioned it, the wheels is also something I can change myself anyway. I noticed mentions of the stereo being upgraded. What's the big difference?

..........I noticed mentions of the stereo being upgraded. What's the big difference?

Just a bit more output with a sub woofer behind the front seat .... all Bose (in 350 Zeds) are crap anyway so don't worry about it

Despite what everyone says about their Bose system. I think it's really good for a standard car system. Not great, but more than enough for most people. I'll upgrade my whole system eventually, once I've finished with the power & styling!

..........I noticed mentions of the stereo being upgraded. What's the big difference?

Just a bit more output with a sub woofer behind the front seat .... all Bose (in 350 Zeds) are crap anyway so don't worry about it

Despite what everyone says about their Bose system. I think it's really good for a standard car system. Not great, but more than enough for most people. I'll upgrade my whole system eventually, once I've finished with the power & styling!

I'd agree, I dont see the point in sending 1000's on some sort of bad ass pimp daddy system that then leaves no room to get anything else in the car cause you've got a big woofy in the boot.

I'd agree, I dont see the point in sending 1000's on some sort of bad ass pimp daddy system that then leaves no room to get anything else in the car cause you've got a big woofy in the boot.

You don't have to have Max Power subs and amps all over the place, I have no Bose whatsoever and everything that replaced it is hidden away :ninja:

And yes the Clarion in the standard Zed is ok for listening to Radio 2 or a bit of Magic FM but crank it up and it starts to struggle :surrender:

All depends what you want really, I would never EVER spend £1,000 on engine bay bling but I am glad I spent £1.5k on my sound system :cloud9:

You don't have to have Max Power subs and amps all over the place, I have no Bose whatsoever and everything that replaced it is hidden away :ninja:

And yes the Clarion in the standard Zed is ok for listening to Radio 2 or a bit of Magic FM but crank it up and it starts to struggle :surrender:

All depends what you want really, I would never EVER spend £1,000 on engine bay bling but I am glad I spent £1.5k on my sound system :cloud9:

Youz just too gangsta!

I'm slightly more audiophile than engine bay, but I'm not a huge bass head, I'd be looking for detail of sound rather than sheer volume. Having said that it's not like a home hi-fi though, the environmental variables are too great (tyre road, engine noise, enclosure size & shape, wind etc etc). I imagine I may well upgrade the stereo anyway but just trying to get more informed.

I'm slightly more audiophile than engine bay, but I'm not a huge bass head, I'd be looking for detail of sound rather than sheer volume. Having said that it's not like a home hi-fi though, the environmental variables are too great (tyre road, engine noise, enclosure size & shape, wind etc etc). I imagine I may well upgrade the stereo anyway but just trying to get more informed.

As Dave says, if you just want to listen to a bit of Radio 2 then the Bose is fine. Cds skip though in cold weather (this is a common problem) and left channel fault is also common ............ best to switch off the Bose, open the windows, and have a blast

I'd planned on 6k but 8k seems more realistic from what I'm seeing for a lowish miler. Up north the prices are obviously a bit higher than south of Derby. I'm hopeful buying in the snow might save me a few quid.

Not if you write the bstard off on the way home!

• Like 1