Leather restoring/cleaning

AMT

Right, I drive my mate into work every day, he has gel on the back of his head, when I go quick his head goes backwards lol, now despite the rather obvious photo, you can't actually see it much during the day only seems to be when its cold it stands out a bit and it looks bad their cos the flash has highlighted it. Its softer feeling around the area affected, anyone got any good leather products that might remove the mark at all??....

Cheers!

2013-01-22211817_zpsf7381ea2.jpg

Edited by AMT

If its discoloured after you cleaned it I can offer you an exchange service or recolour yours.

The main thing is to try and avoid rubbing the oil into the remainder of the leather as this makes it shiney

which is the result of grime and sweat.

When they left the factory they were matt.

Most of the off the shelf Halfords stuff only cleans the surface and pushes most of the crap into the leather.

After a while the leather dries out because it cant breath and cracks.

Dont be scared to use a mild solvent dabbing it on with lint free cloth which will draw the crap back up to the surface.

lol!!! Aye cheers Doogy haha! :lol:

Kool, I will try something like that but I'm useless... what kinda solvent n' where would I get something like that...and whats a lint free cloth (yeah thats what your dealing with ...lol)

Cheers for the help...and the hat Jim lol

No idea why I have lines through it....

Its called "BOND IT" PVC Solvent cleaner.

used mainly for getting the black marks off you double glazing frames.

Only use it as a last resort.

Its quite mild compared to thinners and thats something you dont use on Zed leather.

Lint free by definition in this case for instance is a microfiber cloth.

So basically don't use this...aargh, a mate suggested a dab of fairy liquid n' water damp cloth ?? :scare: Is fairy liquid a mild solvent of sorts? pml Arrgh damn hair gel of his and damn me accelerating hard when I want to :lol: So what would I try first? It definatly feels softer and different. Rub with a cloth and water or would that be making it worse??... Am gonna end up gettin cheap dark headrest covers lol