Store Vouchers

spursmaddave

I have always thought store vouchers were a waste of time, why give someone a £20 voucher they can only spend in one place rather than a£20 note that you can spend anywhere :shrug:

Even more so now with all the fuss over Jessops and HMV.

Apparently £6M of HMV vouchers that are not being honoured :surrender:

I think they show a little more thought than just a note in the card. I get my godson, an amazon voucher as the choice is so wide.

Meh, just says I have chosen for you, I asked my mates kids and they said cash, only exception was iTunes vouchers, I don't think Apple are going belly up just yet :lol:

HMV are still trading and I think it is really bad that they are not required to take them in exchange for goods anymore. They were quick enough to take people's money for them. Senior Management knew exactly what they were doing. Shower of sh*ts! :angry:

I think it was mentioned earlier that they have to trade normally up until the announcement, although not exactly ethical.

Many years back I bought a 3 piece suite and they tried over and over to get me to pay cash offering me £100s off but I had a young family and had to put it on my credit card. A week later they went bust, luckily got my money back via credit card being covered. I am sure to this day they knew exactly what they were doing and were told to get cash.... B@st@rds

I think it was mentioned earlier that they have to trade normally up until the announcement, although not exactly ethical.

Many years back I bought a 3 piece suite and they tried over and over to get me to pay cash offering me £100s off but I had a young family and had to put it on my credit card. A week later they went bust, luckily got my money back via credit card being covered. I am sure to this day they knew exactly what they were doing and were told to get cash.... B@st@rds

The thing is most of the people working in the shops probably knew nothing about what was going to happen. They were just as shocked when they heard together with the general public. Unfortunately it is the shop workers that get given the grief, not the senior management who are behind the scenes. Think it would be good that they came and worked on the 'shop floor' for a week and received the grief from disgruntled customers.................

The thing is most of the people working in the shops probably knew nothing about what was going to happen. They were just as shocked when they heard together with the general public. Unfortunately it is the shop workers that get given the grief, not the senior management who are behind the scenes. Think it would be good that they came and worked on the 'shop floor' for a week and received the grief from disgruntled customers.................

+1

was only 1/2 listening but pretty sure the wee finance expert said you could get money back on debit card purchase via the "chargeback" scheme ??? credit cards you will if over £100 spent

This is correct, credit cards are protected if the purchase is over £100 and you can still claim back on debit card although you may have to explain to your bank what charge back is as it's not used that often.