E46 M3 or E92 335i

stuarty

Who cares? 335i is a repmobile with a decent engine in, M3 is a beautifully crafted car with a peach of an engine and some of the best driving dynamics I've ever had the pleasure to drive.

I'd have an E46 M3 over an E92 M3, much more passion and soul about it IMHO.

Passion? M3? LOL

Sure all that passion should keep you comfort while a 335i fly's past you... :lol:

Thanks for all the reply's guys. I drove a 335i today, but it wasn't a M sport it was a SE. Really liked it but the suspension felt a bit soft compared to my m sport set up.

I would have to spend around 35k to get a 335i that looks exactly the Same as my 320i m sport plus edition. I could get something decent for around 25k though.

I've had my car for just over 3 months and I'm averaging around 80 miles per week. If I had a shed to use everyday, I reckon my sports car would do around 20 miles per week. Therefore I really need to buy something thats not going to depreciate too much, taking this into account I think I should buy a E46 M3 CS, as the CSL is far too expensive.

Another Zed would also make sense if I'm honest!

Edited by stuarty

Who cares? 335i is a repmobile with a decent engine in, M3 is a beautifully crafted car with a peach of an engine and some of the best driving dynamics I've ever had the pleasure to drive.

Passion? M3? LOL

Sure all that passion should keep you comfort while a 335i fly's past you... :lol:

I'm sure a 335i is quicker in a straight line, but there's much more to owning a fun car than outright speed. Something that's well balanced and rewarding to drive is a more attractive proposition than something that's only giving you fun on the straights. Even if the E46 was slower on the twisties in the real world, which it isn't, it would still ultimately be more entertaining.

• Like 1

Passion? M3? LOL

I'm sure a 335i is quicker in a straight line, but there's much more to owning a fun car than outright speed. Something that's well balanced and rewarding to drive is a more attractive proposition than something that's only giving you fun on the straights. Even if the E46 was slower on the twisties in the real world, which it isn't, it would still ultimately be more entertaining.

agreed. Have you thought about something Merc C63 or e55?

I've had an E36, E46 and E90.

My E90 though was a 325i, so I can't really comment. But if do some research on the 335i those things can be mapped to stupid BHP and torque.

E36 is my favourite car of all time, the M3 Evo is an amazing car in my eyes, i think though that some people forget that its 17 years old now, but will still do a 350Z. An incredible engine of its time and still is.

Again, with the E46 M3 - An icredible car, very quick as a general road car as well as a track toy.

Personally I would go for the E92 over the E46. But saying that I would pick an E36 still cause I like it old school!

This is what you can do to a 335 if you had enough cash spare :)

http://www.e90post.c...ad.php?t=792844

The great thing about the 335s is that even when you mod one to the point of it been faster than a M car, to most people it'll still looks like a 320D. Obviously I can understand why people want their 400-500bhp car to look a little different from a standard 3 series, but i personally love the fact my car blends in with every other 3 series on the road (not that my car is running any where near 500bhp) B)

Edited by gangzoom

Gets m track mode in smg like CSL, CS wheels not CSL slightly different wheels, CSL steering rack, competition front discs, CSL springs and the suede wheel

It's a compromise between the normal version and CSL just adding a few extra driver orientated bits

Edited by Arran

CSL gets carbon front and rear bumpers, carbon bootlid with ducktail spoiler, carbon roof, cardboard boot foor mat, lightweight plastic rear screen and windows, carbon airbox and new map for 16 extra bhp, CSL wheels, stripped out interior with carbon fibre door cards and centre console, CSL numbered plaque

Auto xenons, auto air con and a stereo are optional extras

And thats on top of the spec shared with CS (bar the CS vs CSL wheels)

• Like 1