• You've wanted it for years, do it
    • You've waited this long, wait until cash flow improves
    • Don't be daft

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RESULT

I didn't buy it. For the record, it was a Fender Jagstang in Sonic Blue. It finally went for £425, I was going to make a cheeky punt at £350 and then buy both but it shot up in the last few seconds so I didn't even bid. In my heart, I've now moved onto the Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang Signature Edition and shall be purchasing that ASAP. It's the right thing I think, and it's a much better guitar too. Thanks for playing though folks, all views were really appreciated and helpful, even if I'm a big pussy and didn't buy the original item in the end! :lol:

:lol: This is so similar to me last year, you wouldn't believe.

You've made the right choice by the way. The Jagstang isn't a particularly nice guitar to play and like you say isn't even the one he played anyway. Although it does look cool. B)

After playing both the Mustang and the Jaguar I decided on the Jag but that's just personal preference. You wont be disappointed with the Mustang. :teeth:

So after buying the guitar, I kinda decided to buy this too:

DigiTechRP1000Big.jpg

Digitech RP1000 multieffect/amp modeller thing. My old trusty RP6(!) from 1996 has just about given up on me, and I've decided to bite the bullet and get this to replace it. Loads of stuff on there as I'm sure you can imagine, and I can download patches from the interweb to give me custom tones designed by others. You can either have 10 patches or 5 patches and 5 stompboxes. Arrives tomorrow if I can catch the postie in time, should be ace! :D

hmmm, I just dont think I could every buy one. The smaller studios are now stocking them and I have played on the pearl electric kit and it was ok, but you cant beat the feel and sound of a real drum kit.

I am going from the opposite...... Drums are at my parents house and thats got plenty of space and no worriess of neighbours etc. But looking at purchasing my first marital home soon....... so the real kit may need to stay at the rents...oh dear.

Life is too short. If you arent going to risk your home and family for it, then do it.

Ive made lots of impulse purchases, some I look back on and think they were a daft waste of money, others Im glad I did even if they cost me money that could have been used more wisely.