Maxxis MA Z1 Tyres

Jay

Hey guys and girls, has anyone heard much about the Maxxi range of tyres? I am currently looking at getting new tyres for the 370z and keep getting offered these. I am being told by a few places that they are on par with Falken and Vreds etc? Would be good to hear other peoples views?

http://www.tyrerevie...A-Z1-Victra.htm

Edited by Jay

Have a set on mine... They were fitted new to sell the car so were new when I bought it. Have done 10,000 miles on them with a trip to Germany and some spirited driving along the way and to be honest I have been generally impressed.

They do tend to give a bit of under steer when pushed which can be corrected with a dab of oversteer (not recommended on the A31 with the wife in the car!!!)

Dry grip is good in fact dry grip is great. Wet grip is sketchy..... They grip then just don't grip.. There is not a lot of feel as to when they are going to let go. I have not had a problem with that as the car is a weekend and weekend away toy so only really tends to get used much in the dry (not that we get much of that)

The rears are nearing the wear indicators (still plenty of miles really I'm just picky when it comes to tyre limits) and I am pricing up a set of Michelin pilot sports even though the fronts don't need changing so make of that what you will.

I've got them on my winter wheels, which are on the car now. No kidding, i almost binned it coming off a mini round about in the wet, and i wasnt even pushing on at all, as i never do in the wet. Shocking in my opinion.

Doesn't sound like a good choice for winter wheels then!

Edited by Gudzy

I've got them on my winter wheels, which are on the car now. No kidding, i almost binned it coming off a mini round about in the wet, and i wasnt even pushing on at all, as i never do in the wet. Shocking in my opinion.

Don't sound like a good choice for winter wheels then!

They came with the 18's when i bought them - not my choice! And i do less than 500 miles over the winter with them on.... i tend not to use the car, i just take it out to keep the battery up to scratch.