About to purchase my 1st 350, whats your views on this car...

Hey guys,

Recently found out I can insure one of these cheap, and have fallen in love. It was between this or a r32 MK5 and I am a big VW Fan. Currently have a MK4 Golf 1.8t GTI.

Anyway, found this car...http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211294445638/sort/default/usedcars/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/quicksearch/true/postcode/po155tq/radius/1500?logcode=p

Whats your views on it? Good buy? Stay away?

anything i should look out for?

If all is good, should be picking it up next week.

Thanks for looking guys.

meh, its alright

:lol:

its a good alrounder, great car to start off in if new to RWD. good GT car, but if you want a track toy, you'll need to spend a wodge to lighten and improve.

Just been looking through some now, what is the overall difference between the two models,

The fairlady on autotrader is saying its 300bhp, and the GT 280, sorry for the newbish questions.

And thanks for your replies.

276bhp was 2003 - 2006

300bhp was Revup models (only in 2006 I believe?)

2006 onwards are 313bhp

GT spec has leather seats, cruise control and Brembo brakes as standard

Actually the 313 models came out mid 2007 and were 309bhp. Also, there was the facelift in 2006 with revised styling, and not to mention the road tax hike to nearly double the tax of the earlier models.

The one on autotrader looks like a nice clean car - but as others have said its not a UK model and a low spec. I dont even think they are leather seats in it.

For the money id hang in. Id expect you to be able to get a uk model for not much more.

276bhp was 2003 - 2006

300bhp was Revup models (only in 2006 I believe?)

2006 onwards are 313bhp

GT spec has leather seats, cruise control and Brembo brakes as standard

Im sure I read the prov spec ones dont come with ESP/TC either? May be wrong

Brembo's are standard on all UK cars irrespective of whether it has the GT pack or not.

The car in the OP's link is virtually the lowest spec it could be whilst still calling it a 350z! It could only be worse if it was Silver and Auto........

Brembo's are standard on all UK cars irrespective of whether it has the GT pack or not.

The car in the OP's link is virtually the lowest spec it could be whilst still calling it a 350z! It could only be worse if it was Silver and Auto........

he's back!

That might get a few people's backs up Sarnie. Some people might need/prefer an auto & what's wrong with a silver car if its tidy?

Does having a 'poverty spec' zed take away from the experience compared to a GT equipped zed? My previous zed was no doubt 'poverty spec' as it had no leather, no brembo's but was it by any means a lesser experience/drive or whatever you want to call it than if I'd of got a different one?

I'd say not, I never had ANY problems with my pov spec zed

That might get a few people's backs up Sarnie. Some people might need/prefer an auto & what's wrong with a silver car if its tidy?

Does having a 'poverty spec' zed take away from the experience compared to a GT equipped zed? My previous zed was no doubt 'poverty spec' as it had no leather, no brembo's but was it by any means a lesser experience/drive or whatever you want to call it than if I'd of got a different one?

Only the truth gets people backs up :wink:

If you made a list of what you wanted from a zed, none of the things you'd want are on this car, as it's beyond poverty spec.......it's literally the bottom rung of the 350z ladder.

Edited by Sarnie

+1. A 350z id a 350z. Colour doesn't bother me too much. Id have liked a red one but who cares.

Hi!

I got my first zed a year ago. I think it is fantastic and don't have a bad word to say about them!

For me, personally I would try and stick to a uk spec gt. It might cost you a little more but over a few years you'll end up spending more on insurance (most probably). Wait it out and see what comes up but don't rush finding that perfect match!

Good luck! :thumbs:

maybe have a look along these lines, remember that you could haggle a little too....

http://www.autotrade...s/200?logcode=p

http://www.autotrade...s/200?logcode=p

Don't be put off by the mileage. But do ensure it has been looked after properly. Check full service history backed up with invoices on all work done.

Edited by HARMLU

Lol guys,

Well this was my objective today, for you guys to spot out the bad things with this, and it looks like you've made me forget about this one :)

Currently hunting for a GT spec now, seen a few but the mileage aint right, and I'd probably only get it in Blue/Red/Yellow/White maybe orange.

Thanks for the help guys

Clearly not as I bought mine, but maybe that doesn't count because it didn't have standard wheels on it?

If you've got a budget set in stone & want a zed why not take it if its Silver? You buy the best you can possibly find for your money, you can't go I only want this one colour with this exact spec & expect you will get it in your budget in this case.

Silver wouldn't be my first choice in colour but should a good example( cloth seats & 17s or not) present itself too me at a good price would I buy it? Yes I would. Can always change wheels along the line at some point.

Do I feel I haven't had the same experience as someone who got to sit their arse on leather instead? No

You might think what you said is the truth, others won't, that's your opinion not fact

• Like 1