Bl**dy 370Z window

had ham

I'll start by offering an apology, as I don't get the time to post much due to work and family pressures, and I hope you won't hold that against me as I'm hoping for some help.

I have a 370 GT Roadster, 11 plate, 7k miles, bought from new to replace my Lexus '08 IS-F.

Recently (this week), after exiting the car, and on closing the door, the driver's side window has started to descend to the half-way position, then stops there. I then have to get in the car, start it up with the clutch-down/button -n thing, close the window, switch off and try to close the door. Repeat many times, and after a while sometimes it closes, but sometimes I have to climb over to the passenger side to get out and leave the car secure.

Could this be something that has arisen via the locking/alarm system which could be cured by doing something clever with key, etc. or is this, as I suspect, a warranty issue?

The 'service' 'manager' at my local dealer in Bishops Stortford is an utter waste of space, offering to 'take a look' in the middle of next week ('but don't ask me for a courtesy car 'cos that would make my life difficult'!).

Any counsel/advice you can offer would be very much appreciated.

If it is a warranty issue, I shall take it to an alternative dealer and get it fixed. But combined with the clutch biting point falling to the floor progressively, and the ridiculous tyre scrub when maneuvering at a crawl in car parks, I'm fed up with the car tbh.

From another forum:

Start the car up and hold & press window button down for 15 seconds and then up for 15 seconds.... window reset done.

If this works I may just want to have your babies!

I really appreciate the advice, and I'll try it tomorrow. Will advise outcome.... (I don't really want your babies, but I'm very appreciative)

:)

So, being the inquisitive chap that I am, went out (in the very cold and dark), opened/closed as usual and it did the half way thing. Did as you told me, repeated as above, window stayed closed :teeth: .

Now, why, in the power of Greyskull, did my local 'service' 'manager' not know that? Anyway, I'm indebted.

Any advice on the tyre scrub and clutch, or is this normal?

Sorry, you made the statement so stick to it.

The doctors are preparing the gender switch operation, and we will hopefully be a happy couple. By the way, I'm a giver not a taker.

Hmmnnn. Not entirely sure about that. Which side of the bed do you sleep on?

Sorry, you made the statement so stick to it.

The doctors are preparing the gender switch operation, and we will hopefully be a happy couple. By the way, I'm a giver not a taker.

Welcome to 350Z-gay.com Had Ham. Things have changed alot since you were last on here! :lol:

Not kidding! Looks like fun though, I can get advice and a same-sex life partner all in one go. I'll be back.

I was speaking to colin the other day about the tyre scrubbing. Its the tyres they provide on the car, they all do it when its cold im afraid. It certainly does feel weird sometimes

Not sure I've noticed anything - can you elaborate on what tyre scrubbing means Will?

I was speaking to colin the other day about the tyre scrubbing. Its the tyres they provide on the car, they all do it when its cold im afraid. It certainly does feel weird sometimes

Not sure I've noticed anything - can you elaborate on what tyre scrubbing means Will?

In cold weather turning on full lock at low speed the tyres feel like they running over pebbles.

• Like 1

Glad the window fix worked - well done ThriftyFifty :clap:

Tyre scrub - as others are saying this is normal on the 370 - a combination of the car's suspension geometry and 'summer tyres' supplied (Bridgestones, no doubt?) where the sidewalls remain stiffer in cold weather. The scrubbing is normally only on full (or near ) lock.

Clutch issue - now that does not sound normal and you need to get that checked by a NISSAN HPC centre - but I guess you have been using Glyn Hopkins? Sorry, I do not know another near to you. I use one in Kent (Motorline - Tunbridge Wells) who have been very good. But there are other good ones around - best to post up another thread with the specific question unless another 370 owner sees this thread.

Thanks for all the replies chaps. I have been using Glyn Hopkin in Bishops Stortford as it's closest to me - but as I said above, the chap on the service desk is an utter waste of space with no concept of customer service. I'll do some digging to find the nearest HPC - probably GH over in Chelmsford I guess...