My Yellow 350z GT4 for sale - £7250, low miles!

Beau

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I've been on this forum. I've been busy with my recent Supra Project. (V8 in a mk4 supra)

Anyway, I listed my 350z for sale last summer but had little interest, so she just sat in the garage for the past half year instead. I find myself using her very rarely which is a shame so I thought it's best to pass her on to someone that will appreciate her more.

She is a 2005 Nissan 350z GT4 model.This is the limited edition model where I believe only 172 were made, only 72 of these being yellow. I am not sure but I believe the number on mine is either 47 or 49. I can double check. This means you get all the extras, Brembo's, cruise, heated leather seats, rear boot covers ect. She has no tax, and the MOT has just run out, although I am sure she will pass considering I have only done couple thousand miles since last year.

About her.

• 33,000 miles, very low.
  • Paint work is Immaculate condition
  • Interior still smells and looks brand new
  • sits on 19" team dynamics wheels wrapped in Pirreli (tyres all still legal although fronts will need changing soon)
  • 25mm spacers all round
  • Front Black side reflectors
  • Tinted windows
  • Registered as CAT D - I did the repair job myself, to a high standard. Thread can be found here http://www.350z-uk.c...-loads-of-pics/

She is fairly standard. I have got the GT4 wheels which I can throw in, 3 of them are good, so only one needed to make the set. I also have a set of vertini wheels 8.5j/10j which I was planning on fitting on them, so gives the buyer a wide choice of wheels.

Here are some pics I recently took, more pictures (last summer) can be found on my other thread.

SAM_0356_zps841e04e9.jpg

SAM_0361_zps0630a858.jpg

SAM_0362_zps17f07af9.jpg

SAM_0358_zps95b8e0c9.jpg

SAM_0357_zps2c886d68.jpg

More pictures available on request. It will really be a shame to see her go. Especially with all my hard work I put into her, but in the past nearly 2 years of owning her I have only clocked 4/5000 miles on her so she's not being used a lot. The only bad bit I can remember is she has that "clicky rear axle" problem which I was meant to sort out last summer. Apparently a easy fix. Also falls pre 2006 so lower tax bracket! I also just bought the bluetooth unit that will go with the car as well.

At the moment she in that exact spot on our driveway but under a car cover to protect her. She was in the garage at one point as well. Anyone interested is welcome to come check her out.

All this car for £7500

If anyone is interested PM me! Thanks - Located in Milton Keynes (50 miles north of london)

Just to add, I am in no rush to sell and am looking forward to using her this summer

Edited by Beau

• 2 weeks later...

Seems very expensive to me. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear. I used to have a bit to do with cat d's and c's but its just not worth it any more, the resale value has hit rock bottom. The cat d status negates the good mileage imo. I would definitely get the mot sorted as no one will buy it without.

There is another post recently for a high mileage GT4 same year but not accident damaged being sold by a trader at £6995, so as Ekona says I think yours is nearer the 5k mark.Lots of Hpi clear Zeds now coming up at what you are asking. Pictures with missing bits won't help either. Nothing personal, just an observation.

Pictures with missing bits won't help either. Nothing personal, just an observation.

I actually disagree with that, if something is a cat D then I want to see pics before, during and after so I can gauge how well the repair was done, which in this case was very well indeed. If the damage is hidden then I would be very wary about the vehicle, unless a full inspection was undertaken.

It's to the OP's credit that he had full disclosure about the car's history.

People tend to like GT4's because of their limited edition status so they will always fetch a premium. However in order to do this i'd be wanting it 100% original. I appreciate its only a set of wheels but I can be fairly certain this will put the majority off and if you can get a set for ok money then sell your current ones I think this will help.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I have linked my previous rebuild thread only to show everyone how I have done a thorough job on the car, and repairing it. I'm not trying to cover anything up. I realise that in that picture the drivers side bumper washer jet cover is missing, it's on now (I had to respray it)

Regarding the wheels, the reason I didn't revert back was because at the time I couldn't find a GT4 wheel, and I also preferred the look of these. I still have the 3 GT4 Wheels which I plan on throwing in.

PRICE NOW REDUCED TO £7500

Edited by Beau

Pictures with missing bits won't help either. Nothing personal, just an observation.

I actually disagree with that, if something is a cat D then I want to see pics before, during and after so I can gauge how well the repair was done, which in this case was very well indeed. If the damage is hidden then I would be very wary about the vehicle, unless a full inspection was undertaken.

It's to the OP's credit that he had full disclosure about the car's history.

I meant the drivers headlight washer. No M.O.T and bits like this to me smack of lost interest, and or ran out money, "unfinished project for sale" Not for one minute saying this is the case but others might think that?

[/quote

I meant the drivers headlight washer. No M.O.T and bits like this to me smack of lost interest, and or ran out money, "unfinished project for sale" Not for one minute saying this is the case but others might think that?

Headlight washer cover is on, I just needed to get the correct one and respray it for the Bumper. It is definitely not a unfinished project for sale. The car is dead original other than the GT4 wheels. These will go along with the car. The reason why I didn't MOT it is because it is sorn and in my garage. If MOT is a issue with anyone, I will put it through one before handing over the keys.

need to get a set of GT4 wheels on her then MOT'd to get some interest, me personally would not touch any CAT car no matter how cheap!

Have to say I cannot agree with this at all. A car can be written off because of for many things, throw a hammer at the car a few times and the cost of repair to the bodywork and paint is more than the value of some cars therefore a Cat D write off. Its really prevalent with the elise/vx220 mob whose clams are so expensive to replace that a 5mph shunt into a cone tearing the fibreglass will almost certainly write the car off.

As long as the repair, before and after, has images and proof of no chassis damage you will get a decent car.

What do people think about the pricing? I realise the whole "CAT D" puts people off

I'm going against the grain here but it seems a fair price to me, provided it drives O.K someone should get several years of use out of it.

Pete

People seem a bit confused...

I have owned the car for 2 years nearly. After I fully restored it, it passed the MOT first time with only one advisory (airbag light needed resetting which is now done) I will make sure it has a MOT before selling it on if anyone is worried about that.

I have driven the car for a good year, and it drives perfect. It's had new Banana arms, hubs and various arms. My thread says it all. The reason for sale is I don't have the time to drive it. Last year I only clocked 3,000 miles...

Personally I think the price is very good for a GT4 model, all you need is another GT4 wheel to put it back standard! Very low miles as well.

Looks ok, but still highly priced for a cat D. Unfortunately, no matter how good a car is, having a mark on the log book de values it.

If I were you, I would buy a new gt4 wheel (if you can find one :teeth: ) fit all 4. Sort the washer cover, spend a day cleaning and polishing her. Finally get her MOT'd and THEN list her. Won't put any more value on it but will get you more interest. Oh and maybe lower the price a little more! :teeth:

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Managed to source another GT4 wheels so I know have a complete set of GT4 anniversary Wheels, no curbing, not a mark on the wheels, wrapped in Brand new rubber! That makes 3 different sets of wheels which can be purchased on the car.

Total newbie to this forum so not sure if my opinion counts but have been scouring the world of 2nd hand zeds out there for the last two weeks or so, even put a post up about the amount of cat c & d's i have seen. If only on a comparative to what else i have seen in the cat c & d bracket this seems fairly priced, plus you have the bonus of seeing the damage and its repair stage, something highly unlikely with any other cat c or d out there, which was mentioned in my thread when it comes to buying one. Is it worth it, only a potential buyer can tell you that :)

I will get the wheels fitted when the weather gets better. As said I am in no real rush to sell her anyway. With spring/summer approaching it's tempting to insure her and use her.

And In my opinion, I think the damage looked far worse in the photos than it actually was. To add on to this, the car is not officially registered as a CAT D on the V5 form, I'm not sure if it's meant to be or not?

I will get the wheels fitted when the weather gets better. As said I am in no real rush to sell her anyway. With spring/summer approaching it's tempting to insure her and use her.

And In my opinion, I think the damage looked far worse in the photos than it actually was. To add on to this, the car is not officially registered as a CAT D on the V5 form, I'm not sure if it's meant to be or not?

Cat d doesn't show on the log book

I sold a at c 350z. Had a crease in rear quarter which had it written off. I had it repaired and sold it.

I to had before and after pics. It sold on eBay for £3750 when similar models mileage etc where still £6000

This won't sell at that price.