Pics: Stillen Gen3, Berks HFCs, Invidia Gemini, UpRev remap

TheMacDaddy

Having braved the install of the new Stillen intakes, just before Christmas it was time to take the Z down to @Mark@Abbey m/s and the team at Abbey Motorsport for fitting the HFCs and exhaust, plus some dyno time with Mark for a remap.

Having covered over 30k miles the stock exhaust didn't want to come off without a fight, with the bolts having to be cut off in the end. The Invidia and Berks went on without too much drama, but the exhaust tips were a little too close to the rear valance and so they had to stand-off the rear mounts with a few nuts to push the tips down around 10mm.

The centre of the exhaust was also very close to the cross-brace that runs perpendicular across the middle of the car, and did knock in certain circumstances. The guys used zip ties to tighten up the rubber hangers at the mid-point to raise the exhaust up off the brace, and I have since strapped in a rubberised hanger strip between the exhaust and the brace to prevent any knocking in future.

Final results: +22.7 HP gain at the wheels over stock. Dyno plots below post-remap: the first is the overall gains over a random stock car, the second is gains from the remap for may car over the baseline with just the physical mods.

As you can see the intakes, HFCs and exhaust were worth +12.6 WHP, with the remap finding an extra +10.1.

Throttle response is vastly improved now too thanks to Mark's tweaks. Drives like a dream - well all apart from the damn clutch which needs the release bearing looking at, but that's a job for the warranty and the HPC boys next week.

And the sound! I've found myself deliberately up-shifting before roundabouts just so I get to hear the throaty awesomeness that is the synchro-rev blipping the throttle on the down-shift!

I can't recommend the Abbey team highly enough, they did a superb job. Thanks too to for supply of all of the bits, great service and support. And of course thanks to everyone here without whose experience and advice I would have been totally lost.

Cheers guys!

Matt

Oh, and does anyone recognise either of the 350s?

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

img004.jpg

img006.jpg

img005.jpg

Edited by TheMacDaddy
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...