Help Needed

lmc

Changed the oil pressure sender today. Everything was ok just had a slight drip so tried to tighten a 1/4 turn now the housing snapped :rant: Anybody help with a solution for this, wish i left the bloody thing not working now

Have pmd zmanealex.

From what ive read it looks like a new upper oil pan is needed which is an engine out job i think :rant: 1 week of ownership and already gonna cost a fortune.

Anyone know of a decent garage in devon to do the work at a reasonable cost

Thank you Graham: :thumbs:

PM received and replied to:

Lee,

If your oil pressure sender is in it's original position and is screwed into the mid sump and this is what has cracked and it can not be repaired insitu, then you will require a replacement mid sump.

Fortunately I have these in stock and good to go same/next day, however unfortunately it is an engine out job.

Alex. :smile:

Thank you Graham: :thumbs:

PM received and replied to:

Lee,

If your oil pressure sender is in it's original position and is screwed into the mid sump and this is what has cracked and it can not be repaired insitu, then you will require a replacement mid sump.

Fortunately I have these in stock and good to go same/next day, however unfortunately it is an engine out job.

Pm replied to.

Thought it was going to be what a pita. Just need to try and find someone in devon to do it now

Unlucky mate :headhurt:

PITA that, engine out to replace!

Good luck with the fix hope you get it sorted soon.

Yeah total pita. Not what you want after a weeks ownership, still it's done now just got to get on with getting it fixed asap

Really sorry to hear about that, and i hope you get it sorted and back on the road to enjoy !

Cheers mate tha'ts the plan.

Anyone have a rough idea how long this job should take and roughly how much it should cost?

that's a good 2 days labour, 16 hours x average hourly rate is about £50. rough guess of about £800 in labour excluding parts. price will vary on labour rate. I'm lucky and my mech is about £30 an hour. so around £500 for the labour, ball park figure I reckon between £600 and £1k for the job. labour rate is the key on this

Knew i should of stuck with the unreliable rotary engine lol

All joking aside surely it cant be a 2 day job to pull an engine and swap the mid sump. From what i have read on the american forums its a 6-8 hour job at most.

If it is a 2 day job then it will be a steep learning curve lol.

Knew i should of left that gauge broken

Alex and keyser will know how long :smile:

Lee,

I have carried out this type of work many times more than I care to remember and an experienced technician who knows his way around the 350Z VQ35DE should crack this job in 8 hours providing he has the knowledge, correct tools and equipment.

Basically that is broken down as:

6 hours for engine in and out:

1 hour benchwork

1 hour bleeding coolant system

However you will be hard pressed to get a garage to quote you these numbers as most will prefer to cost it as job value as opposed to how quick it can be done so it is imperative that you find an experienced technician who knows his way around a 350Z VQ35DE and a garage who will quote time favourably and at a reasonable hourly rate.

Your mid sump will be shipping to you first thing Monday morning mate. :thumbs:

Alex and keyser will know how long :smile:

Lee,

I have carried out this type of work many times more than I care to remember and an experienced technician who knows his way around the 350Z VQ35DE should crack this job in 8 hours providing he has the knowledge, correct tools and equipment.

Basically that is broken down as:

6 hours for engine in and out:

1 hour benchwork

1 hour bleeding coolant system

However you will be hard pressed to get a garage to quote you these numbers as most will prefer to cost it as job value as opposed to how quick it can be done so it is imperative that you find an experienced technician who knows his way around a 350Z VQ35DE and a garage who will quote time favourably and at a reasonable hourly rate.

Your mid sump will be shipping to you first thing Monday morning mate. :thumbs:

Thanks for all your help Alex :thumbs: Especially for having the patience to answer all my noobie questions :blush::D

Thanks for everyone's help :thumbs: Managed to find a local garage that have done a lot of work on 350z's and at a reasonable rate. They picked the car up yesterday morning on a trailor and engine was out yesterday :smile:

I have to give a big thanks to zmanalex for his patience and excellent service as the parts turned up this morning so i took them straight to the garage who are hoping to fit the parts tomorrow and then put the engine back in. So with a bit of luck the car will be back with me by the end of the week :teeth:

All in all its been an eventful first fortnight of z ownership :blush::teeth: