Why do the brembos squeal so much?

Arran

As above really, when I use the brakes harder than usual (back road blasts etc) they always without fail start squealing really loudly and it's really annoying not to mention embarrassing, as far as I only they'll be oe type pads

Do they do this with pads like yellowstuff? It's that bad I'm thinking of changing them even though they look brand new

mine had red stuff when i bought the car and they didnt sqeek. Pulled them out after a couple of months though as i dont like ebc brakes. Now have dba and ds2500 pads as you see alot on here. Much better pad than the ebc but i did get the ocasional low speed squeek for a while after fitting but gone now.

As Ekona plus I know when i did mine there is a right and wrong way round for the shims. The narrower part goes to the leading edge of the discs direction of rotation so as to create slightly less pressure so in theory reducing the possibility of squeal.

Edited by leonk

check the inside pads also as these are the ones that die with the heat. To check the pads I'd remove them and put a smear of cooper grease as stated above. Make sure you put it on the rear of the pad where the pistons are

Sorry should have said I dont use copper grease. Nothing wrong with it but there is something better out there which doesnt seem to "dry" (I'm not sure thats the word).

Ahhhh :lol: I see what you're saying now. Yes copper grease does eventually dry...18-24 months I found.

Sorry should have said I dont use copper grease. Nothing wrong with it but there is something better out there which doesnt seem to "dry" (I'm not sure thats the word).

Ahhhh :lol: I see what you're saying now. Yes copper grease does eventually dry...18-24 months I found.

I still use it for bolts and stuff but I'd give ceratec a bash. It's £4 for a tube and it will last for years. It's pretty thick and supposedly resists heat better.

I still use it for bolts and stuff but I'd give ceratec a bash. It's £4 for a tube and it will last for years. It's pretty thick and supposedly resists heat better.

That's worth remembering :thumbs:

£2.20 free P+P on ebay. I just boubgt some. Dont know why I just felt like i should!!!!!