Oil / power steering leak?

Adrian@TORQEN

Went to do the MOT today and get the Road Tax done, car passed with no problems, but we found some oil / power steering fluid leaking from the little radiator at the front. The garage did not have enough time to look at it today as they've closed 12:00, but is this something common, maybe caused by corriosion?

I've noticed the fluid level dropped down a bit, I guess it's related to that. I'll try to take a picture of the leak and post here in the next minutes.

Thanks!

Ok, went to Nissan and got some PS fluid, £13 for 1L bottle.

Top it up, just bellow MAX, started the engine, within few seconds it didn't sound that loud, bun can still hear it.

The video bellow is taken with the engine started while doing the full lock left and right several times.

To me it looks like the PS pump it's gone.

Silly question:

Could the pump be damaged by steering the car without the ignition turned on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh, one more silly question, could the damage be caused by the negative camber? I did not take it for laser tracking after changing the suspensions to coilovers, the front arms, the arb, etc yet. I only drove the car about 15 miles only since then.

Is it safe to drive it to a garage to have it checked?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Colin,

I've checked, it's definetelly coming from the radiator, everything above it's dry...

Will check again when I will be replacing it tomorrow.

Thanks!

Given that is pic taken from under the car and looking at the staining, the crack must be at the top then - see pic

post-7573-0-16444600-1352812023_thumb.jpg

- or is the leak dropping onto those cooling fins from somewhere above?