Going to look at a Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag tomorrow

spursmaddave

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont buy a white jag. Thats just wrong.

+1 what are you a cheap southern fairy!?

Oh........right

Says the 'man' in the hairdressers car :lol:

TShhhhhh BURN!!! DAMMMMM. FALL BACK SON! :lol:

Mercs really do drive superb though. I'd get a test drive in a big one before you splash any cash. Even if your not that interested just try it out. Another odd ball unless your going for all out luxury and diesel a g37?

11_g37_ipl.jpg

Its your hard earned mate and your opinion like I always bang on about but they do a really nice deep red? If whites what you want then thats fair enough. Chav :lol:

Never Red !!!!!

Chav :cry: I didn't say I was gonna wrap the roof and bonnet black :surrender:

I think a RED car will really suit you, well it would from my point of view :stir:

:poppy:

Its your hard earned mate and your opinion like I always bang on about but they do a really nice deep red? If whites what you want then thats fair enough. Chav :lol:

Never Red !!!!!

Chav :cry: I didn't say I was gonna wrap the roof and bonnet black :surrender:

I think a RED car will really suit you, well it would from my point of view :stir:

:boxing:

Going to hopefully test drive some XF's, I want to compare a 2.7D, the newer 2.2D and of course the 3.0D V6 :cloud9:

Had the XFS 3.0V6. Fairly quick, crap in bends, nice quality on the inside, great luxury place to sit, nice smooth ride, painted by blind apes, and accelerates only mildly faster than it depreciates.

Going to hopefully test drive some XF's, I want to compare a 2.7D, the newer 2.2D and of course the 3.0D V6 :cloud9:

Had the XFS 3.0V6. Fairly quick, crap in bends, nice quality on the inside, great luxury place to sit, nice smooth ride, painted by blind apes, and accelerates only mildly faster than it depreciates.

Wondered when you'd give the real life perspective to things :lol:

I vote we ban all Jag owners from the forum :stir:

Wondered when you'd give the real life perspective to things :lol:

I vote we ban all Jag owners from the forum :stir:

what that include van owners as well?

Yes I was going to PM you about what model you had, was it the 240bhp or the S 285bhp quite a difference in torque between them also....

Standard 3.0 V6

240bhp

369lbs/ft

0-60 6.7

S

275bhp

443lbs/ft

0-60 5.9

Plenty enough for me....

As a replacement for my Leon it would be a HUGE step up in anyones book.

Not seen the blue/purple in the flesh although I saw one yesterday that was almost a black rose colour but more purple than poo....

As for depreciation I would be looking at an 09, maybe 10 at a push so someone else with have emptied their pockets.... 18-22k for a good one with not a lot on the clock, it's a lot of car for that money!

Mine was the 275 bhp S model. Mine was the pre-facelift model, so had the "bubble eye" lights on the front. The new look on the facelift model is a great change and looks miles better. They have also fitted the new 8 speed auto box on the diesels in the new model I believe, which helps fuel consumption and also lowers CO2.

The four pots are obviously aimed at the company car driver as the emissions are very low, but they look basic too. Single exhaust on the rear combined with the baloon tyres they fit on the basic rims make the car look positively odd in my opinion. Like its running on 4 get you home wheels. No doubt all good for emissions though.

Havent seen the new interior, but if its like the last one but tweaked then it will no doubt be very good and the quality is excellent. Im assuming they may have updated the woods and leathers available to introduce some more modern looks. The options available with the pre-facelift model were a little limited and always felt like you had half a victorian sideboard for a dash. Dark ash or piano black would be my choice. Also, the S model now has sports seats, which were introduced just after I bought mine - and they are a must. The standard seats offer less lateral support than a picknic bench. Any long journeys involving bends and your passenger will end up with sore elbows from supporting themselves all the time. The drive will be OK as you have a steering wheel to hang onto, but you will be annoyed with the seats within your first month if you dont get the sports version. Just as comfy as the standard ones, but have side support.

As is the case with any other marque, just make sure you are happy with the dealer you buy from. It was the dealer that spoiled my experience. Jaguar were utterly disinterested in the fact my car was not painted properly. Contrary to their story at the factory tour that they take upmost pride in their work and the "body in white" paint process (which is also used by bentley, rolls royce etc) ensures a perfect finish. When my car was delivered looking positively awful, Jaguar themselves just pointed me back at the dealer and could not care less about discovering if the fault had occured at the factory or post delivery to the dealer. Ignore all information on Jaguars website and literature advising that they have a passion for delivering quality etc etc.. Its crap. They care about the number of cars flying out the doors to dealers, and showing the factory off to customers. Beyond that, its between you and the dealer. Some Jaguar dealers belong to franchises that large, that Jaguar are actually powerless to invoke any kind of "investigation" or punishment upon a dealer that gives crap service to a customer, because they are scared of the franchise just pulling out of the Jaguar market. So ensure you are very happy with your dealer before you enter into the purchase.

Other than that, the cars are actually pretty good. Though the depreciation is quite harsh.

SMD, buys a new automatic Jaguar XKR Sport.

He drives the car perfectly well during the day, but at night, the car just won't move at all.

After trying to drive the car at night for a week (but without any luck), he furiously

calls the Jaguar dealers and they send out a technician to him.

The technician examines the car and finds nothing wrong with it. So he turns to SMD

and asks: "Sir, are you sure you are using the right gears?"

Full of anger, SMD replies: "You fool, you idiot, how on earth could you ask

such a question? I'm not stupid you know! Of course I am using the right gears;

I use D during the day and N at night."

Edited by ioneabee

SMD, buys a new automatic Jaguar XKR Sport.

He drives the car perfectly well during the day, but at night, the car just won't move at all.

After trying to drive the car at night for a week (but without any luck), he furiously

calls the Jaguar dealers and they send out a technician to him.

The technician examines the car and finds nothing wrong with it. So he turns to SMD

and asks: "Sir, are you sure you are using the right gears?"

Full of anger, SMD replies: "You fool, you idiot, how on earth could you ask

such a question? I'm not stupid you know! Of course I am using the right gears;

I use D during the day and N at night."

ahahahaha!!!!