what spec engine?

Frazo

Cheerz for all the help , I looked into the engine you told me and with all I've read the more money on tax doesn't justify the extra power , considering its heavier too , looks like ill go for a 2005 maybe , or can you get a 2006 on a lower tax bracket ?

If its merely so the engine bay looks good bud..... dont do it lol. As people have pointed out its a higher tax bracket and its not that big a gains for the extra cash. Save your money go for an older zed and then mod the hell out of it .... simples :):lol:

From what others have said (a lot of others), the HR engine feels a lot better than the 33 extra ponies would have you believe. The fact that it revs almost 1k rpm higher than the DE is a clue to how much of a different engine it is. This could all just be people trying to justify the extra tax to themselves, but if you can afford one I'd recommend driving both engines yourself to be sure. the whole 'mod the hell out of it' suggestion doesn't really hold that much water to me either, as it's practically impossible to get a DE to the same power as a stock HR keeping it N/A, so you end up with a supercharged engine which is a different kettle of fish (albeit still a right larf I bet).

I have a DE btw, so no agenda there.

DB

I had the same choice to make when I bought mine. I went for the HR, as it was like night & day over the older engines. You only have to read on the net what improvements Nissan made to the engine. Basically its an 80% new engine. They did everything they possibly could to squeeze as much power from it. Built in Ram Air so at speed it generates more power, improved cooling, the engines mounted lower in the chasis than older cars to improve the centre of gravity & handling, 7500rpm rev limit.. etc. etc.

Not only that, there were loads of other improvements they did to the 2007+ HR cars to improve handling / steering etc.., There was a massive long list of them on one of the threads here somewhere. I remember I had the sales brouchures for the 2007 models listing all the "new for 2007" which I think I added to that thread at the time. I was really surprised at just how much they did to the car.

Previously, the price of the HR put a lot of people off as it was significantly more than an older 276bhp model. So it was cheaper to buy the 276, add the air filter, pendulum mod, exhaust, revup, remap etc. etc. etc. and get it to 300bhp than fork out the extra and buy the HR with 309bhp as standard. But, now HR`s are creeping down in price more people can afford them.

Tax bracket shouldn't come into it really for the sake of a fiver a week,

but unfortunatley it does , i love my cars and try to have the best i can for my age and wage , tax aint payed weekly itl come out in a nice lump , cheerz for all the replies everyone , been alot of help in my decision! thanks again!

Tax bracket shouldn't come into it really for the sake of a fiver a week,

but unfortunatley it does , i love my cars and try to have the best i can for my age and wage , tax aint payed weekly itl come out in a nice lump , cheerz for all the replies everyone , been alot of help in my decision! thanks again!

understood :thumbs: maybe if you tell us your budget we can tell you what you would get for the money,cheapest hr (twin intake) on pistonheads is just shy of £9k ;)

happy days lol , well budget is yet to be confirmed , im going to take the present car (Mk2 TT) to a dealership and see what i get there , its a 2007 expecting about 11k, but that tax bracket still seems unfair lol , having a few dollar left over isnt the worst as this is a car i want to get my hands dirty with , the tt scene in modifying is reserved for the very well off lol , if you want something changed they take it to the dealership and have them do it , you lot seem alot happier with working on your own cars haha

I drove the 300bhp and the 313bhp with dual intake, The extra money for the 313bhp didn't justify the power diffrence, i bought the 300bhp which i'm now sell so i can get a 370z

Be interesting to see what difference you find between the 300 and the 370z. When I had a 370z for 3 days last year, I found no difference in performance between that and my 313. In fact my 313 felt quicker & more responsive.