Possibly starting vinyl wrapping business (free roof wrap)

ddcboyle

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't have police written down the side but I can have sheriff written down it. That and some flashing blues and twos (hidden of course) would make an amazing trip down to Le Mans.

"The Rozzers" would be good B)

Will be looking at doing 5 peoples roofs for free (if vinyl provided) or £40 if i provide vinyl. If anyones intrested it would involve coming over to my place in ruislip over a set weekend (either a fri, sat or sun of the same weekend) Anyone intrested?

1. 350Ad

2. ewan221

3. Vini69

I'm in hendon in North London. I'm cautious about wrapping but have put myself at number 3. You're not far from me so I'll give it a whirl with a view to more in the future. I have the GUnmetal......where dos the roof wrap go to? Do you have any pics? Thanks, Pete

Will be looking at doing 5 peoples roofs for free (if vinyl provided) or £40 if i provide vinyl. If anyones intrested it would involve coming over to my place in ruislip over a set weekend (either a fri, sat or sun of the same weekend) Anyone intrested?

1. 350Ad

2. ewan221

3. Vini69

I'm in hendon in North London. I'm cautious about wrapping but have put myself at number 3. You're not far from me so I'll give it a whirl with a view to more in the future. I have the GUnmetal......where dos the roof wrap go to? Do you have any pics? Thanks, Pete

Actually....do you/could you do the front grill as well?

1. 350Ad

2. ewan221

3. Vini69

The window pillars are unclipped so it folds under them, thus making it impossible to peel. The front end, where the windscreen meets the roof, there is a lip of rubber, the vinyl gets tucked under there. And for the rear, it is just folded round, the only way you will see it is if you lift up boot and get close up to look. The roof is the most secure piece on the car as all edges are covered.

Actually....do you/could you do the front grill as well?

The window pillars are unclipped so it folds under them, thus making it impossible to peel. The front end, where the windscreen meets the roof, there is a lip of rubber, the vinyl gets tucked under there. And for the rear, it is just folded round, the only way you will see it is if you lift up boot and get close up to look. The roof is the most secure piece on the car as all edges are covered.

As for front grill, if your looking at an OEM bumper grill, not sure if it will stick securely enough, but can always have a go with some spare vinyl. Personally id spray the grill if you want it a more rich colour, my grill on v2 is sprayed black, means theres no edges where 2 bits of vinyl have had to be cut and joined up.

1. 350Ad

2. ewan221

3. Vini69

What is it that your cautious of with vinyl? I could explain a few things if you have any questions.

Great offer, bit to far for me though lol. Will get you to sort mine when u next in Scotland

as i already spoke to you before i posted this, ill do same for you when im in scotland mate

I'm also in Scotland (just over the border, near Carlisle) and would like my roof done, but I understand that you doing Ewan221's as a special favour so it's cool if you can't.

Edited by Ewan27

Great offer, bit to far for me though lol. Will get you to sort mine when u next in Scotland

as i already spoke to you before i posted this, ill do same for you when im in scotland mate

I'm also in Scotland (just over the border, near Carlisle) and would like my roof done, but I understand that you doing Ewan221's as a special favour so it's cool if you can't.

Do you have a garage or somewhere indoors for your car? And how far are you off the m6? Driving up with the girlfriend so cant do too much of a detour and dependant on the time we are leaving, but if its possible i will. Even if its on the way back down south and. Had spare time. Dates for scotland are looking like 24th dec til 3rd jan atm

Do you have a garage or somewhere indoors for your car? And how far are you off the m6? Driving up with the girlfriend so cant do too much of a detour and dependant on the time we are leaving, but if its possible i will. Even if its on the way back down south and. Had spare time. Dates for scotland are looking like 24th dec til 3rd jan atm

Yeah my car is kept in the garage (which has power), it's quite tight for space, enough to comfortably get the car in length ways and wide enough to squeeze my fat ass out without banging the door. I'm about 15 minutes off the M6 (place called Annan), see map link here - http://goo.gl/maps/MxNam

Any of those dates are fine with me

Yeah my car is kept in the garage (which has power), it's quite tight for space, enough to comfortably get the car in length ways and wide enough to squeeze my fat ass out without banging the door. I'm about 15 minutes off the M6 (place called Annan), see map link here - http://goo.gl/maps/MxNam

Any of those dates are fine with me

Okay mate, garage should be enough room for me to work around, would normally take about hr but since ill be doing it on my own, might take hr and half-2hr if thatd be cool with you. I'll speak to the missus about it, make sure she dont mind the detour for couple of hours :)