And you thought Zeds were expensive......

leonk

yep, welcome to jag modding land, I'm getting a larger supercharger pulley.....£300 for a little wheel

And there was me thinking that i would finally have a car that increased in value proportionally to how much I spent on it. :lol:

there are good aftermarket places, but lots of people see the word jaguar and double the price.

take milltek exhaust for instance, they do a great system for the jaguar, sounds fantastic, but the cat back is £1200 and the high flow cats are £1400 so for cats and cat back on the jag would be the best part of £2700. compare that to zed parts from milltek and you can more than half it.

with regards to those carbs, are there any other people who manufacture them? there mus be a range of suppliers?

with regards to those carbs, are there any other people who manufacture them? there mus be a range of suppliers?

trust me, I've tried every supplier (3). I'm sure the Monopolies Commission would be interested in the price fixing :lol:

I even tracked down the company that manufacture the inlet manifold but they said I had to go through their distributor. As you say, with limited suppliers they seem to be able to think of a price and double it.

What i need is a JAGMANALEX

what about the rust mites?

Common RT i thought that was something we Jag enthusiasts didn't mention on an open forum :p:lol:

I'm clinging to the belief (delusion) that having spent all its life in California, the rust mites (and woodworm) were too hot or stoned to attack it properly.

if its a clean car, which it should be if its been out there, get it cheked and then get it painted and undersealed under there and waxoiled. probably looking at the best part of £150 for the pork, but it should mean the car will be rust proof then.

if its a clean car, which it should be if its been out there, get it cheked and then get it painted and undersealed under there and waxoiled. probably looking at the best part of £150 for the pork, but it should mean the car will be rust proof then.

That's my priority along with a new hood and exhaust, which are the only parts that really let it down.

yep, welcome to jag modding land, I'm getting a larger supercharger pulley.....£300 for a little wheel

Won't that make it slower?????? :shrug:

Depends if you're making the driving pulley or the driven pulley bigger I guess.

Had to draw it on a scrap of paper but i think Haydn is right :shrug:

Edited by leonk

That's my priority along with a new hood and exhaust, which are the only parts that really let it down.

Longlife built me my exhaust, very happy and half the price of milltek, if you can get to hayward and scott in essex they do some good jag stuff, especially for older cars. think you can even mailordr an new system from them

Won't that make it slower?????? :shrug:

Depends if you're making the driving pulley or the driven pulley bigger I guess.

Had to draw it on a scrap of paper but i think he's right :shrug:

Changing the lower pulley from a 6" to a 7"

http://www.powerhouseautomotive.co.uk/content/jaguar-performance-upgrades.html

not this one but one like it, but all the info is in there.