Trolley Jack Recommendations

Whazza22

Hi all

I have a small hydraulic trolley jack which is ok for jacking up on the safety stand points (obviously not great) but I can't jack it up on the correct jacking points on the metal frame.

Maybe I need a longer handle or a better jack?

What does everyone else use?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Like the OP, I'm also after a jack that will reach the front and rear points, I just don't want to spend heaps on one at the moment.

I know quite a few people have mentioned Costco, which I can get into with a friend down the road.

Are there any other alternatives, brand\model specific would be great !

I bought one of these last night but ended up returning it, as I couldn't reach the front jacking point:

http://www.diy.com/n...?skuId=11888233

Very light and constructed properly, and with my 'man maths' that it's only rated for 1ton I didn't mind...seeing as our cars are 52/48 weight distribution it would be fine for just getting it in the air for axle stands. :D

The reach on it wasn't much better than the Sealey thing I have already have (1250cx), so I think I'll see what I can do with some planks of wood and bricks just for now.

I'm still on the hunt as I don't really like the Sealey.

I use the arcan jack aswell they came highly recommended :thumbs:

They look good. I may have to treat myself to one of them. As i just use a cheapie trolley jack ive had for about 15 years. Does the job but its not ideal for lowered cars. I have to lift the side of the car up by hand and get a mate to stick the trolley jack under it.

I found this one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clarke-CTJ2LP-2-Tonne-Low-Profile-Trolley-Jack-/251188824728?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D4936405747824296575%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D200877317291%26

It looks like it would do the job but at twice the price of that XL30r, I think I'll just shove some bricks under some planks of wood to get my old Sealey one underneath at least. :lol: