Noob wishing for a Zed

Hi all,

New to the forum, been lurking for a few days, seem a friendly bunch!

I'm currently looking to get a Zed, should funds permit, in the next month or so. At the moment I drive a Leon FR :blush: Looking to move on up tho.

I live between Basingstoke and Reading, so should be able to get out and meet a few of ya when the day comes for me to get a Zed.

Chris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

New to the forum, been lurking for a few days, seem a friendly bunch!

I'm currently looking to get a Zed, should funds permit, in the next month or so. At the moment I drive a Leon FR :blush: Looking to move on up tho.

I live between Basingstoke and Reading, so should be able to get out and meet a few of ya when the day comes for me to get a Zed.

Chris

What price range you lookin at?

Looking for upto around £19k, but that would be pushing it. Realistically I reckon about £17-18k. Mainly because my Leon is a lovely car, but as a 55 reg with nearly 30k on the clock, its worth sod all trade in :(

Hi and welcome mate, you should find one easy for that price range, just haggle haggle haggle with the people and always say you can pay immediatly. Thats what I did, and after I sold the spare wheels he gave me and other spare extras he gave me (which sold for a grand in total) I got this for 19k UK GT spec 17k miles bodykit full leather retrim 20inch wheels, lambo doors, big ice the lots. Just keep your eyes open dont take the first car that comes along and if buying private always get RAC to check it out for a 100 pounds for inspection you can save yourself a fortune in the longrun :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:;)

350z2.jpg

350z4.jpg

Hey all. Thanks for the excellent welcome, I think thats the best I've got from any forum, including a mates forum where I know everyone! :thumbs:

Looks like I'm getting a test drive @ Dan Perkins, Slough on Wed, mainly as I work 100yrds from them! From there, who knows, other than I'll be wanting a Zed quicker, lol.

Whats the best way to get the best deal? Are Nissan Approved cars worth the extra money or is private quite safe? I'm usually told to go with a dealer to get a warrenty, but that would mean an older car with more mileage. I quite like the idea of an approved car as if anything is to go awry I have a fall back.

Heres to a new car soon :yahoo:

Hi ,

I bought my Z - 10 days ago from a private buyer,it's still got Nissan warranty till mid-November ....£19K .

Car has only got 17,000 miles & has been kept immaculate plus it's got

alot of extras to it as well.

IMG_0003copy.jpg

So as you can see there are some really nice one's out there ,

my choice was the 4th one i had looked at and they all drove differently too,

for some strange reason,so if you can test drive a couple at least that will help too.

Good Luck fellow newbie ..!!!

Kev

Hey all. Thanks for the excellent welcome, I think thats the best I've got from any forum, including a mates forum where I know everyone! :thumbs:

Looks like I'm getting a test drive @ Dan Perkins, Slough on Wed, mainly as I work 100yrds from them! From there, who knows, other than I'll be wanting a Zed quicker, lol.

Whats the best way to get the best deal? Are Nissan Approved cars worth the extra money or is private quite safe? I'm usually told to go with a dealer to get a warrenty, but that would mean an older car with more mileage. I quite like the idea of an approved car as if anything is to go awry I have a fall back.

Heres to a new car soon :yahoo:

Hi mate if you get RAC to check a private car, they warrenty it for 6months, they spend 2 hours checking the car out, they do their homework on it in a strict way. They check the level of paint on the car hidden joints incase been in accident, underneath car, they are really good probably even safer than buying from dealer and you get so much more for your money :thumbs:

Hi mate if you get RAC to check a private car, they warrenty it for 6months, they spend 2 hours checking the car out, they do their homework on it in a strict way. They check the level of paint on the car hidden joints incase been in accident, underneath car, they are really good probably even safer than buying from dealer and you get so much more for your money :thumbs:

Thats certainly tempting, and sounds very reassuring. I will keep an eye on autotrader and see what turns up. Just need to convince work to give me a pay rise ;) Although quite strangely, it looks like a Zed may be cheaper to run than my Leon, damn it for having Audi parts!

Thats certainly tempting, and sounds very reassuring. I will keep an eye on autotrader and see what turns up. Just need to convince work to give me a pay rise ;) Although quite strangely, it looks like a Zed may be cheaper to run than my Leon, damn it for having Audi parts!

Good luck mate,

Heres the link to RAC check: http://www.rac.co.uk/web/vehiclechecks/examination/

If you join them I think first one is free, it works out at a 100 pounds a year full cover they will come out to whereever you are and tow you whereever you want if you break down or can fix on site. They have a special unit that is dedicated to 350z too. Also Im pretty sure they will check your first car for you, they did mine and promised me that if anything goes wrong they will cover, since it is more than their jobs worth to do a lazy inspection.

As for petrol, in comparison to an Audi 3,2 I had this car is so much better, from Edinborough to London cost me 70 quid which is pretty good as was chippen.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi Chris,

I live in Basingstoke too, so I guess we'll see each other's car eventually, when you've found one that is...

I bought mine privately and have had no problems with getting work done under warranty by Nissan. The Nissan place in Basingstoke is OK, but they aren't very quick in fixing problems covered by warranty. They always want to try a fix that involves no new parts to start with...

Good luck with your hunt!

Tim

Hi Chris,

I live in Basingstoke too, so I guess we'll see each other's car eventually, when you've found one that is...

I bought mine privately and have had no problems with getting work done under warranty by Nissan. The Nissan place in Basingstoke is OK, but they aren't very quick in fixing problems covered by warranty. They always want to try a fix that involves no new parts to start with...

Good luck with your hunt!

Tim

Hey Tim,

Good to know there is someone in Basingstoke. I'm actually in Chineham rather than the town centre, where abouts are you?

I have a friend who swears by the Nissan dealer here for the cheapes MOTs for all his cars :thumbs:

Might have to try and badger you for a ride if this test drive with Dan Perkins falls through. My GF tried to book another at a place in Bognor and they said it was a no go for under 25s (I'm 24), which was a shame. Dan Perkins havent said anything though, so come Wed/Thurs I should be able to get out with them.