Noob wishing for a Zed

Hi Chris,

I live in Basingstoke too, so I guess we'll see each other's car eventually, when you've found one that is...

I bought mine privately and have had no problems with getting work done under warranty by Nissan. The Nissan place in Basingstoke is OK, but they aren't very quick in fixing problems covered by warranty. They always want to try a fix that involves no new parts to start with...

Good luck with your hunt!

Tim

Hey Tim,

Good to know there is someone in Basingstoke. I'm actually in Chineham rather than the town centre, where abouts are you?

I have a friend who swears by the Nissan dealer here for the cheapes MOTs for all his cars :thumbs:

Might have to try and badger you for a ride if this test drive with Dan Perkins falls through. My GF tried to book another at a place in Bognor and they said it was a no go for under 25s (I'm 24), which was a shame. Dan Perkins havent said anything though, so come Wed/Thurs I should be able to get out with them.

I used to live in Chineham, above the off-licence :p , nice place. I live just off Norn Hill now, close to the town centre. Chineham Arms used to be my local, was a great pub at the time, not sure about now.

Good luck with Dan Perkins, so long as you come across genuine and able to fund a Zed I don't see why they wouldn't give you a drive, but sorry mate, I'm the only one allowed to drive my Zed...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh above the offie, what a place to live, lol! I live in just up the road from the Arms in Cuffaude Village, small world indeed. The Arms wasnt so good last time I was in there, but that was a while ago. We tend to drive out to the Fur and Feathers on the Alton road, nowt to do with the pub, but the road there is great fun

:drive1

Sorry, think I got my point over wrong in my last post, I just wanted a passenger ride, as I too wont be letting any one else drive my Zed! What I meant was that I CBA to go miles to just get a passenger ride, but if its on my doorstep, why not! Not needed now though, I just called Dan Perkins and they have a Zed for me to test drive right now, sooo tempting as they are 5mins walk round the corner, I can nearly see them from my desk. Damn being at work! Booked a drive for tomorrow at 1pm.

Cool! Let me know how the drive goes...

Well good and bad news from my drive, although not all bad. Went for the drive in a lovely 55 reg Zed with only 6k on the clock (alas not one I can afford), and I was very impressed. The speed is very deceptive. The stealer took it out first, drove like a wuss, which is when I thought it wasnt very quick. Then I got a go and booted it! :yahoo: It certainly was quick! I'd say it didnt feel as quick as my mates Evo, but it was very deceptive, doing silly numbers before I knew it. Felt very planted and didnt ride as harshly as I thought it would. Certainly puts my Spanish barge to shame, but hey it was worth twice as much brand new! Very very impressed.

The bad is that the car I was thinking of getting from the stealer is more than he originally told me. Its a 53 reg (Dec), 46k on the clock and wanted £17k. I thought I could knock him down to say £16.5, but hes now saying they want £18. It is me or is that rather over priced? At another stealer, I can get a 53 with 33k on the clock for £18.5, and thats before we even start looking privately. Plus the powers that be have told me I cant use the £4k I had saved up as we are trying to get a house and I need it for that. Boooo. Upshot of this is that post pay rise (yay promotion!) I should have a bit more cash and can get one, but thats in July time :thumbdown:

that was exactly my dilema. I borrowed the full amount for a Z on a 3 month deferred loan which means I've got until middle of june to sell the Type R. However, I have cocked up slightly by importing one so I'm still going to end up without a car. As soon as I sell the CTR I'm going to get an old banger until the Z arrives.

Cheers Sarnie.

Now to work out how I can get rid of mine whilst getting a Zed at the same time. Need a car, and cant get the new one without the money from the old one :doh:

Get a £200 heap of @*!#, drive it for the week or two and then junk it. You know full well that as soon as your car has gone you gettin a zed straight away!!

I sourced my Z through Nissan select, available through the Nissan website.

Got a 5 month old GT with a thousand miles on the clock for 26k. Could sell it tomorrow for a grand profit.

Right now though they have zero stock so they are in much demand!!

Check daily though as they are always adding.

I sourced my Z through Nissan select, available through the Nissan website.

Got a 5 month old GT with a thousand miles on the clock for 26k. Could sell it tomorrow for a grand profit.

Right now though they have zero stock so they are in much demand!!

Check daily though as they are always adding.

That is the current plan. There are a few for £18k which I am looking at. That seems to be the sweet spot at present between price and mileage. I am looking at that together with either trading in my car at Nissan or using wewillbuyyourcar.com and selling my Leon the same day I pick up the Zed.

Well I put a deposit down on one yesterday :yahoo:

Gun metal, GT Pack w/ Alezan leather, all the usual mod cons, ~30k miles/53 reg. Should be here in a week or so ("upto 10 days" I'm told). Garage gave me £8250 for mine which is slightly less than I wanted but a lot more than teh £7-7500 I was quoted. Managed to haggle a little getting free 1yr tax and first service as well as £250 off the price.

Cant wait to get my hands on it, but will be sad to see my Leon go :byebye:

Well I put a deposit down on one yesterday :yahoo:

Gun metal, GT Pack w/ Alezan leather, all the usual mod cons, ~30k miles/53 reg. Should be here in a week or so ("upto 10 days" I'm told). Garage gave me £8250 for mine which is slightly less than I wanted but a lot more than teh £7-7500 I was quoted. Managed to haggle a little getting free 1yr tax and first service as well as £250 off the price.

Cant wait to get my hands on it, but will be sad to see my Leon go :byebye:

Well done mate you will love it :thumbs:

What did you have to pay for it in the end Chris?

More than I was hoping at £18.5k, but hey ho. I know I could have got it private for less money, but it has 1yr warrenty so I'm happy. I reckon I knocked over a grand off them in total, one way or another.

:drive1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm on the home straight now. Went to the dealers last night after a fair bit of faffing about with getting the car in. Its in amazing condition, no marks on the alloys or any real stone chips, very good for a 3yr old car. Went out for a test drive, all is well, no rattles and squeaks. Its one owner from new, always been serviced sligtly before it was required, history check is clear as well. No outstanding issues (TSBs). Does that cover everything?

I've paid the majority of the balance now, just a few hundred to go on my credit card when I go in on Saturday, hoping the cheque has cleared with express clearance. I'm hoping they may write off the last few hundred quid, but its unlikely knowing dealers ;)

Attached a piccie for ya. Sorry for the poor quality, I had to convert them to VGA on my phone to get below the size limit.

:yahoo: