60 Spitfires found!!

Beavis

We'll just have to wait and see I guess, from what i've heard It's still very much unknown whether or not there are any spitfires in Burma and if there are the condition of them is questionable.

My boss recently bought a Mk5 Spitfire which is currently under going restoration and an engine rebuild - he's in contact with a lot of experts who are all very dubious about the Burma Spits. However his spitfire was found in Australia as it was shipped there in pieces from the UK after a runway accident. It was her 70th birthday in September and there was a private show at Biggin Hill, I took some photos which you might all like to see :)

IMG_3944_zps40ff451e.jpg

IMG_3920_zps0075ae0f.jpg

IMG_3909_zps446c5ed5.jpg

David Shepherd Signing a painting for me

IMG_3890_zpsa71b9bd4.jpg

IMG_3884_zpsa4d22a3d.jpg

IMG_3883_zpscf9bc524.jpg

And this is the Mk5 spitfire as she stands, although I think she's got a few more panels since this photo was taken:

IMG_3870_zps08fe9f1f.jpg

IMG_3846_zps35e6fc42.jpg

Hurricane

IMG_3819_zps545bd947.jpg

We'll just have to wait and see I guess, from what i've heard It's still very much unknown whether or not there are any spitfires in Burma and if there are the condition of them is questionable.

My boss recently bought a Mk5 Spitfire which is currently under going restoration and an engine rebuild - he's in contact with a lot of experts who are all very dubious about the Burma Spits. However his spitfire was found in Australia as it was shipped there in pieces from the UK after a runway accident. It was her 70th birthday in September and there was a private show at Biggin Hill, I took some photos which you might all like to see :)

Some fantastic photos there ironhide :thumbs:

• 5 weeks later...