Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

What's wrong with your bumper then?

I know it's OEM just with some canards/lower lip but still looks good imo. ;)

Everyone has those parts and just not loving them, went at it with the reciprocating saw again to widen the mouth some more, as no one can get the bumpers I like :dry:

Also I plan on wrapping the car satin black and those canards will make it impossible!

The air filter now gets better air flow than the standard vortech filter which is cram'd behind the radiator in the oem box location which is fed through a small hole in the support and is not in direct air flow either. Then new filter is an 1" away from fresh air and the buffering around the flat face of the intercooler will push past the smaller drift armor bash bar with ease.

Fair enough. Will be interested to see what bumper you end up with. ;)

Re: The filter position ~ more or less exactly where I had mine & imo it'll get plenty of air flow.

Much better place for it than where the standard Vortech filter is usually placed and also a larger surface area so better again, ...but you know all that. B):teeth:

• Like 1

Well she has a big butt now but....

IMAG0736_zpsuqj3qzkv.jpg

Skinny shoulders :surrender: no sign of the other box containing the front wings.

Need to wash the car as masking tape isn't sticking so can't see what it looks like yet.

Edited by evilscorp
  • Like 1

Work emotion 11R or the new T7R-2 Piece, the cheaper option would be some 30mm spacers ... not sure yet.

T7r-2p is a good choice. Just happen to have a set of 4 in my spare room lol

• Like 1

First attempt at wrapping, bit of a pain, and one tiny crease plus a few tiny imperfections. Shame this will be the easiest panel, the rest will be much much harder :wacko:

Also had a bit of bubbling in the paint, first signs of rust so took it back and sprayed anti rust primer, was being covered so didn't bother with a top coat.

IMAG0748_zpsgrttccva.jpg

IMAG0752_zpss6hf3seb.jpg

IMAG0758_zpsf2w6uboe.jpg

IMAG0759_zpsoczstoph.jpg

• Like 1

Roof finished, I have noticed there are a bunch of scratches visible on the roof, must have had some grit on the scraper tool thing/on the wrap when it was lay on the living room floor for cutting :dry:

Still, not after any show and sh#t awards, I like it so thats all that matters :lol: .

Engine oil and supercharger are getting replaced tomorrow after my hangover goes, (tough nightshifts so hitting pub hard!)

Then a trip to DynaTune in E.K. to sort out my hesitant throttle after the new intercooler + 3.12 pulley and 3" intake pipe.

IMAG0764_zpsblkass93.jpg

IMAG0763_zpsn7meqibu.jpg

IMAG0765_zpsl90qtzrf.jpg

• Like 2

Hope to find out monday if my building warrant is finally through so I can begin building my big man cave, so I won't be working on the car again for a while (he says) as the next job was the boot wrap and removal of oem spoiler and fitting the BGW.

Cheers Dave, already had a quote for the garage from a company called all-tech seemed good, but will have some money set aside for unplanned things, then just take my time topping it up with goodies and toys (welding gear, compressors etc)

Changed the oil on the car as it has been about a year since I last did it or 2750 miles :blush:

Didn't use Race stuff as the engine will hopefully be rebuilt some time this year and it doesn't do many miles as I have just realized.

IMAG0766_zpsmzda5shn.jpg

Edited by evilscorp

• 2 weeks later...

The other week at Dynatune

IMAG0768_zpsiivxfogj.jpg

The source(hopefully) of the boost leak at high rpm, either the coupling or the bypass valve.

IMAG0771_zpsbp6zml7w.jpg

IMAG0778_zpswop5qtuv.jpg

Changed the S/C oil ( was a bit milky, need to address the water getting in from the bonnet vents, only done 2500 miles or so since last change.)

Also tried and failed to fit the timrod radius rod as I dont have the correct imperial allen heads :angry:

IMAG0779_zps6p1giahj.jpg

Ended fitting the 1/8 spacers on all the bolts bar the stud at the back left, instructions were a bit vague for the strut brace refitting when using a plenum spacer.

Nether my long nose pliers or my circlip pliers could get the big circlip off the bypass valve so I could clean the inside and check if its the cause of the boost leak. (trip to B&Q tomorrow for bigger ones).

IMAG0780_zpsqlecplba.jpg

• Like 1

Bypass valve came apart this morning, what a difference a slightly different tool makes! Shame I couldn't take any pics of how it looked before as it was kinda dirty and rusty inside. The main problem I could see was a small o-ring which was stretched and deformed, hopefully that was a cause of the boost leak. A trip to B&Q for some small o rings and job should have been done... but I dont have the right circlip pliers at home so struggling to compress the dam thing to put it back together, Asked the missus for help but she's not mechanically minded or strong enough to force the top hat back on while I squeeze with some long nose pliers. :dry:

IMAG0781_zpsbwmzluph.jpg

IMAG0783_zpsnxiehtsb.jpg

IMAG0784_zpsxrugvby5.jpg

IMAG0786_zpsnenm69c0.jpg

Also the spring was very rough, this pic was after I filed it but before the sandpaper was used. Don't expect these to last years (only been on the car 3years ) and a bit of rust (car very rarely gets used in the wet).

IMAG0787_zpspkvpleki.jpg

Hope to have it back together tomorrow for a wee test drive before I head to NY.

• 3 weeks later...