Which One

steve-r

Hi all....not been around for a while as I sold my 350 back last yr and got me a Boxster 3.2s, and tbh im just not feeling the love with it so.....

Im in a bit of a dilemma...I'm looking to purchase myself a 370 within the next few days are there are 2 that catching my eye. They are both priced around the same and both the same year and of similar mileage

I know this will come down to personal preference, but was just wondering which way you guys would sway...

The first is here..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

and the second...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I must say Im kinda liking the black edition, but being an auto...hmmmmmmm (and being old ish im not really going to drive like a crazed banshie these days) :drive1

Thanks in advance :)

Manual for me I'm afraid.

If I could go back and do it all over.... I would take the auto over the manual as the 370z gear box is sooo clunky :lol:

yours was broken though :lol:

Yup but I have a 2012 gt edition just now and its still fricking not as smooth as I would have hoped for :lol:

also bit confused to what is hanging off the front of the first one ??

Its fine the just a front guard, all the coupes haveit, roadster has a slightly smaller one that is less obvious.

Id go for the black edition then saw it was an auto. Had an auto for a week as a courtesy car and really didnt like it at all, manual is a lot more engaging and fun.

also bit confused to what is hanging off the front of the first one ??

Its fine the just a front guard, all the coupes haveit, roadster has a slightly smaller one that is less obvious.

Id go for the black edition then saw it was an auto. Had an auto for a week as a courtesy car and really didnt like it at all, manual is a lot more engaging and fun.

That front guard just seems to be hanging a bit different to other photos Ive seen of them, so wasn't sure if they may have caught it a bit while reversing into there showroom.

Also as this is going to be a daily and mainly town traffic does the auto not seem better suited?

Id take both an auto and a manual out to see which you prefer. For me the difference andlevel of enjoyment was huge. I didnt buy my car to be comfortable and hassle free in slow moving traffic, i wanted to be able to play with those gears take advantage of that lovely syncro rev and feel engaged in the process of taking the car around the bends.

For me the auto dulled down the experience, it really put me off the car, in fact i was glad to get back in my 350. Then i tried the manual .....and bought one.

However i will say somepeople have the auto and loveit chris-i for example so may be a good idea to pm him for his experience.

To be honest, this is one question that nobody can answer apart from the OP. You know if you want an auto or manual, that's as basic a decision as coupe or roadster, or petrol or diesel on another car. Things like colour and spec you can debate over, but gearbox selection? Nope, that's far too personal a choice.

Drive them both and make your own mind up. :thumbs:

Never driven an auto (in my whole two years of driving) and the Black Edition's dark wheels and red interior are v smart, but if the auto means I wouldn't be able to hear that lovely growl from the rev match when you drop a few gears (different exhaust helps!), then I'd actually go for the manual. You could always replicate the look of dark wheels easily enough if you like it; then the only cosmetic difference would be the interior.

I looked at the manual one there. Little bit out of my budget plus it had Nav. Apart from that looked pretty good.

Don't like Auto but that's everyones personal pref.

Hope the black one turns out good for you...

Can always wait for the right BE in manual if you prefer that spec. :thumbs:

I looked at the manual one there. Little bit out of my budget plus it had Nav. Apart from that looked pretty good.

Don't like Auto but that's everyones personal pref.

Hope the black one turns out good for you...

Can always wait for the right BE in manual if you prefer that spec. :thumbs:

True - they do come up for sale relatively regularly - saw the one I fell in love with after a few weeks of looking :thumbs:

ok so after my test drive, I decide to plump for the BE, It drove very well and tbh I was very impressed with the gear box also it was in better condition that the other one i was looking at...Its so nice to get that Zed :teeth: back again.

I have so missed my 350 for the last few months, but I just love the new 370. :cloud9: ..

Will add some pics when I find oot how to lol