Mate just come round with this....

Wasso

He said he hated the blue fleck, didn't like black and already has a Seat Cupra K1 in white and his other half said you can't have two white cars :lol:

I specifically look at white now. Though there are different shades which is annoying. Ive had the green light once we have the extension built that whatever cars we have at the time I can have them all wrapped white so they are an exact match :lol:

I am such a chav. :blush::lol:

i love the GTR's but like many the colour is a poor choice. How was it then? I can't wait to drive one might ask for a test drive before i pick up my 370 haha!

There was no point driving it as its following a very strict 1200 mile run in procedure, it's quite an interesting run procedure. Rev limitations, pedal depression level etc etc. 0-400 there's one procedure then 400 to 800 another and a final run in procedure 800-1200. He then has to take the car back and they'll check over it. The ECU apparently records everything that goes on with the car and at any point he doesn't follow the process the warranty will be void.

The warranty manual is the size of the Yellow Pages book.

Crazy :surrender:

So once it's out of the run in procedure he's bringing it back. Whether he'll let me have a go is another question, a bit OCD. He knows ill give it some, so he'll probably just take me out for a spin in it :lol:

I wonder if when buying a second hand car you get to see the data recorded during its "run in" period - or at least some guarantee from the dealer that the process was followed correctly?

I would presume the 1200 run-in service would 'hopefully' recognise the car was not run-in in accordance with the rules? Say like a service sheet?

I wonder if when buying a second hand car you get to see the data recorded during its "run in" period - or at least some guarantee from the dealer that the process was followed correctly?

I think if you take it to a Nissan dealer you can get various print outs to see if launch control has ever been used, if the engine was revved highly before it was up to temperature, all sorts!

Bit late after you've bought it - Given the issues surrounding supposed warranty fragility of these cars (either rightly or wrongly), I'd expect to see that stuff before buying one.

Agreed, knowing the intricacies of the run in period you'd want evidence the car was following procedure. With a car THAT technical you'd need some peace of mind.