Space Saver out of a 350

mbs

Looking for a bit of insurance for the 370, hope to be doing an extended Euro trip next year and don't fancy it with only the repair kit that I have at the moment. Anyone got one lying around in the garage after an ICE installation. Please PM me.

Cheers

You will also need a 25 mm spacer mate, I am looking at getting a spacer but no one sells only one..... :bang:

Two of you wanting one each - job done when a pair comes up and you split the cost

Far too sensible Colin, and what is your excuse for being up at this hour?

Still on foreign soil or just jet lagged :lol:

You will also need a 25 mm spacer mate, I am looking at getting a spacer but no one sells only one..... :bang:

Two of you wanting one each - job done when a pair comes up and you split the cost

Far too sensible Colin, and what is your excuse for being up at this hour?

Still on foreign soil or just jet lagged :lol:

Colin I'm confused, in your thread viewtopic.php?f=104&t=34295 you say 20mm, is it 20mm or 25mm as quoted above.

Colin is till in the land of Oz I think, so will be on here at strange times.

I think it's 20mm for the rear and 25mm for the front to clear the calipers.

The front is a minimum of 23mm.

I bought a set of four 25mm, was not 100% happy so now running without spacers just got one and a socket in the boot should I need it.

Not sure if I'll go back to running them or not. :bangin:

I bought a set of four 25mm, was not 100% happy so now running without spacers just got one and a socket in the boot should I need it.

Colin's thread states that standard wheel studs are 25mm

The standard wheel studs are 25mm long. That means they will protrude 5mm through a 20mm spacer, but there is just enough room in the spacesaver design to accommodate that 5mm protrusion and allow the it to fit snugly on the spacer.

Colin's thread states that standard wheel studs are 25mm

The standard wheel studs are 25mm long. That means they will protrude 5mm through a 20mm spacer, but there is just enough room inhg the spacesaver design to accommodate that 5mm protrusion and allow the it to fit snugly on the spacer.

Just to clarify - whilst the spacesaver will fit on 20mm spacers, I found the OEM 370 front wheel design would not accommodate the 5mm stud protrusion and that a minimum of 23mm was necessary to allow the wheel to seat squarely on the spacer(s). Hence the recommended choice of 25mm spacers, avoiding the use of slip spacers that were found to be responsible for disc distortion due to poor quality.