Shedding not Zedding

Keyser

Well after finding ourselves in the strange position of having 4 family members with three 2 seated cars (now the wife has officially adopted the 2nd Zed) and winter fast approaching we thought we need a winter shed / spare family motor, I have the Hilux which has 5 seats but the wife's old MR2 has been sat doing nothing bar the odd shopping run for the last 3 months, so I took the MR2 in for MOT today which it passed with a couple of advisories - Tyres close limit brakes imbalanced and low (MOT inspector said it needs a good drive) but a pass is a pass so with that in hand we went and swapped it for something a little more errrrrrr well practical if nothing else. :)

From the advert -

Audi A6 Additional Information

A NICE EXAMPLE FINISHED IN METALLIC BLUE WITH A BALCK CLOTH INTERIOR. SHE COMES WITH A NICE SERVICE HISTORY AND 12 MONTHS MOT.

Audi A6 Features

Air Conditioning

Dual Climate Zones

Alarm, Anti-Theft System

Central Locking

Remote Central Locking

Cloth Upholstery

Colour Coded Interior

Centre Armrest

Head Restraints

Rear Headrests

Adjustable Steering Column

Cruise Control

Multi-function Steering Wheel

Power Steering

ABS

Multiple Airbags

Child Locks

Colour Coded Body

Metallic Paintwork

Electric Mirrors

Electric Windows

Radio

90000 Miles

It has a full dealer service history up to 84K then it has been looked after by a local garage including a major service new cam belt and water pump at just under 87k

Drives nicely has a 2.5l diesel engine and the tip box seems sweet as a nut and you could get a pregnant elephant in the back in fact you could get an elephant pregnant in the back :lol:

few pics from the dealers website -

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

1a.jpg

6a.jpg

Hope to collect her Friday afternoon if I can get the plates transfered and the paperwork sorted and it passes the MOT of course :)

Nice car, a little more economical than the zed too now doubt. Better put a tow bar on thee back so you can tow in your next project :teeth:

I bet it's not that much more economical but definitely more practical...

I await the build thread :snack::stir:

A build thread to improve economy - 80mpg!!

Supposed to do 35MPG - I'll let you know on that one though :lol:

No build thread - unless it's towing something into the ZedShed its just to hack about in :) - only problem is after driving that I realise how much more comfy than my Hilux Picup Truck it is not sure if I should change that now as well!! :headhurt:

Not an Audi fan personally but if you like thats all that matters, you could get a 330d for that price. Intercooler and a few other mods plus remap would see you 230-240bhp plus 45mpg ;)

Looks clean though cant wait for the mods like egr delete, decat and remap :teeth:

Well I collect her today amd ..... :yawn:

It is to be fair exactly what I expected and we need so all is good, it won't set the world on fire but I have a Bright Green Zed for fun :thumbs:

Just need to find a willing elephant now so I can sort Mr G's request :scare:

Well I collect her today amd ..... :yawn:

It is to be fair exactly what I expected and we need so all is good, it won't set the world on fire but I have a Bright Green Zed for fun :thumbs:

Just need to find a willing elephant now so I can sort Mr G's request :scare:

Look out you elephants :lol: