Warning on Nissan Service Cost

Will370z

Well that was an interesting discussion at the Nissan Garage.

After much ummming and arrrring i decided to take Rosie in to the nissan garage for its P2 service. Quote was £299 - consistent with the recent thread asking for approximate costs for the 370. Expensive but as it was 10 minutes away and i wanted them to take a look at the roof and another issue i thought best take it to the officials.

Good news was she flew through the service with nothing needing doing.

I was a happy man - except for the fact that she was sat there looking stunning as they had given her a full valet when i requested they dont clean her, i would do that :lol:

But then i came to pay -

Him- "That will be £406 sir"

Me- "Pardon"

Him - "£406 thankyou"

Me - "Thats going to be a problem I was quoted £299, i even phoned up a second time to ask if the engine oil was included in the £299 and was told yes"

Him- "I'll check the system again, nope its £406"

Me - "Well who did i speak to the other day"

Him-"I will check.."...goes away and comes back with the marketing material they use when answering the phone "....umm this says its £299 but thats not right"

Me- "Thats what i was quoted"

Him- "No problem we will honour that....we gave that one away"

They were very pleasant and did the right thing but jeeze £406 when nothing was needed. Seems like a big marketing **** up too.

Just a warning for those in the other thread that were expecting around £299 you may have a nasty shock coming - get that quote on paper

Using my own logic that means i've saved £100 - so what to spend it on lol

my wife does this to me ............... "look how much I've saved you with these bargains" ....which we didn't need anyway :dry:

my wife does this to me ............... "look how much I've saved you with these bargains" ....which we didn't need anyway :dry:

Try asking the checkout girl in Sainsburys if you can just have one of the buy-one-get-one-free items for half price..... it confuses the hell out of them :wacko:

Best one was when I got a reduced pack of cakes buy-one-get-one-free reduced from £1 to 20p but they only had one left so I said can I get the free one tomorrow...... erm no you can't.... so I said ok just knock the £1 off the bill for the one I haven't got then :lol:

+1

This forum needs a "like" button hahaha

That's why I won't be using Nissan for my next service, I'll be contacting AME to see what they charge.

Beggars belief how the dealers can get away with this sort of sh!t..at least they 'gave one away'..that made me chuckle.

Glad you got the price quoted.

Tell me about it :bangin::bangin:

Where did you get it serviced?

I have always used Shepperton Nissan and they normally charge £300 for P2 and around £200 for a P1. Car is cleaned and they provide a beast of a Micra as a courtesy car.

Always tip top service from them. Cant fault them as main dealers go. Stay late so I can collect the car and open early to allow for drop off in working hours.

Shall be getting the 370z serviced there when time calls.

Your charge outs over there are so high. :surrender: Pay that in Kiwi $, so 250 UK clams.

ps. Edit, how many hours are they charging out, aside from parts/oil needed?

It was for 2 hours.

Bloody hell! Just for a stamp they charge £100 an hour. This is why I see no point in taking older cars to Nissan they just rip you off silly.

Most dealers charge rip off prices, but now, I will always haggle :bangin: for the best price .

Last week, one Nissan dealer quoted me £205 for a P1, and another quoted £155, but that resulted in a £129 deal. :clap: which was okay. It took just over 2 hours to complete.

However, I did not want the R.A.C. 12 month roadside cover, which they state is provided free of charge. IMO the customer always foots the hidden cost, they would`nt knock that off the price though.

But £400 for what exactly? I mean the book time on a P2 can't be more than 1.5hrs - its a quick check of everythig and oil & filter change - fecking outrageous if you ask me :bangin:

Yup i was shocked, cant for the life of me see how they can justify it in eitherparts or labour.

But £400 for what exactly? I mean the book time on a P2 can't be more than 1.5hrs - its a quick check of everythig and oil & filter change - fecking outrageous if you ask me :bangin:

And then you have to wonder if they do no more than tick boxes with a pen :shrug:

Yes. Service cost for club members (inc. discount) are : P1 £80 P2 £144 and P3 £216 (£246 with HR engine due to the more expensive air-filters). All price include Mobil 1 oil, genuine Nissan parts,labour and VAT. wink.gif And it will not affect your warranty as we are VAT registered and using genuine Nissan parts.

Edited by KaizerMotor

Yes. Service cost for club members (inc. discount) are : P1 £60 P2 £120 and P3 £180 All price include Mobil 1 oil, genuine Nissan parts,labour and VAT. ;) And it will not affect your warranty as we are VAT registered and using genuine Nissan parts.

Fantastic, see you in 9k miles :teeth: