Hydro Dipping

Jay

Hey guys and girls, I was wondering if anyone has tried hydro dipping on here before? I spotted it properly the other night and it has got me thinking id like to give it a bit of a bash... possibly refresh the look of my guitars etc. Here is a wee clip that I watched... so has anyone had any experiences with it and how long does it normally last? Looks like it could be a cool winter project :lol:

Cheers

Jay

it tends to referred to as water transfer printing, make sure you add a clear coat over the coated part and it will last for ages, the clear coat also really sets of the carbon or wood grain look. This technique is used on a mass of products on the market place. Produces pretty good results hey!

this is the stuff i sort out.

its not as easy as it looks, best of luck with it :thumbs:

Nice one rich, I just fancy giving it ago, plus I have the perfect facilities for it at my works testing unit. I will let you know how I get on with some parts. :)

Nice one rich, I just fancy giving it ago, plus I have the perfect facilities for it at my works testing unit. I will let you know how I get on with some parts. :)

lots of variables, if things are slightly out on one can have an effect on the finish. basics are water temp, amount of activator, time spent on water before spraying, which films you use. rinse times, what paints you apply it too. what laquer you use.

lots of variables, if things are slightly out on one can have an effect on the finish. basics are water temp, amount of activator, time spent on water before spraying, which films you use. rinse times, what paints you apply it too. what laquer you use.

Yup, I have been in touch with a supplier and they are talking me through it all, to be fair I am used to dealing with hard products to work with lol I am in the composite resin game.... so having patience is something I am getting used to :lol:

whats your laquering skills like?

Not too bad, bit rusty just now but practice will no doubt bring it back. You can calm down rich, I am doing this for myself not trying to start a business :lol:

its alright i'm not worried :lol: just trying to give some pointers but you seem up to date with things :thumbs: if you need any advice you can drop me a line ;)

whats your laquering skills like?

Not too bad, bit rusty just now but practice will no doubt bring it back. You can calm down rich, I am doing this for myself not trying to start a business :lol:

its alright i'm not worried :lol: just trying to give some pointers but you seem up to date with things :thumbs: if you need any advice you can drop me a line ;)

Cheers bud :thumbs:

HERRING!!!? Do tell :teeth:

His surname is Herring. Known him since I was 11. When he gets drunk, he picks on me for a fight (he's 4 inches taller than me, weighs about 4 stones more than me and is pure muscle :byebye: ).

So this seemed like a great 30th present for him. I wasn't involved in the decision making as I would have said no. But its all paid for so I must oblige. I just agreed to paintballing. Didn't know I was contributing to my death.

His surname is Herring. Known him since I was 11. When he gets drunk, he picks on me for a fight (he's 4 inches taller than me, weighs about 4 stones more than me and is pure muscle :byebye: ).

So this seemed like a great 30th present for him. I wasn't involved in the decision making as I would have said no. But its all paid for so I must oblige. I just agreed to paintballing. Didn't know I was contributing to my death.

:scare::lol::lol: Good luck with that then :)

:scare::lol::lol: Good luck with that then :)

:byebye: