Adrenaline Junky needs help!!!

Darren-B

After recently losing my aunt unexpectedly, I have decided that I want to help fund raise for the Stroke association.

I`m not a fan of heights so I going to face my fears & participate in The Decent @ Battersea Power Station, http://www.stroke.org.uk/battersea it`s an Abseil of 100ft down this iconic landmark on the 3 of November! I`m taking this chance to do something inspirational whilst making a difference for a worthwhile cause.

So if any of you guy`s & girls are feeling generous & would like to help me support this great cause please follow the link below to my just giving page.

https://www.justgiving.com/Darren-Bell

Battersea-Power-Station.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who pees off three times that height at work, you'll be fine mate! :lol:

Don't forget that you'll be looking mostly upwards during the abseil anyway, just try to relax the death grip on the rope/descender now and again ;)

Oh, and why are the Petronas towers 'shopped onto the powerstation??

As someone who pees off three times that height at work, you'll be fine mate! :lol:

Don't forget that you'll be looking mostly upwards during the abseil anyway, just try to relax the death grip on the rope/descender now and again ;)

Oh, and why are the Petronas towers 'shopped onto the powerstation??

We shall see :surrender: The picture is just one straight from google

I haven't done anything for charity in a while, I've never abseiled before (excluding about 6 meters as a kid) but I'd quite like to join you purely as it's the power station which I'd like a memory of before it gets demolished! PM me the details, I'm happy for the money I raise to go to the same charity - the father of the bride for the stag do I cracked my head open on recently is in a wheel chair because of a stroke. Besides, abseiling can't be as bad as being a passenger in your car surely!

p.s: I sat here for 5 minutes before getting the courage to hit submit on this message...

So your who made anonymous donation Ian, Thankyou mate :thumbs:

& thanks Martin :thumbs:

I`m shocked at how generous people have been in just 24hours, theres clearly no backing down for me now :blush:

Nope :shrug: I said to the "system" make sure Darren sends me a thank you :lol:

Maybe it went wrong? :lol:

No worries :#1: Good luck