Camera suggestions?

LRF4N

Looking for a camera that could act as a happy medium between an everyday digital camera and an SLR. I like taking photos of my cars, not much else, and SLR cameras seem to give the best results. Also my wife asked me to get a camera to keep family snaps altogether, rather than on our phones that get changed every year or 2

Thought I would just get one family/car camera that ticks all the boxes that isn't too big and not too expensive. Does such a thing exist?

Looking for a camera that could act as a happy medium between an everyday digital camera and an SLR. I like taking photos of my cars, not much else, and SLR cameras seem to give the best results. Also my wife asked me to get a camera to keep family snaps altogether, rather than on our phones that get changed every year or 2

Thought I would just get one family/car camera that ticks all the boxes that isn't too big and not too expensive. Does such a thing exist?

What is the budget?

No idea lol. I know normal digital cameras are cheap and last time I checked SLRs they were around £600?

Wasn't looking to spend a lot and not really looked into it properly since my wife asked me last week. If it will give me good quality pics of the cars I could go to the £200 quid mark but ideally lower.

Is there a specific feature or function I should look out for?

Very happy with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100, and well under your budget.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/ ... 00_review/

Certainly not the full bells and whistles of the Canons/Nikons but the flexible LCD display works well for me as bloody glasses restrict the SLR function (which it also has). Battery seems to go on forever even when taking lots of videos and the HD playback through the TV (HD cable needed) is supurb.