Dodgy Respray

s1xtyn1n3

About 18 months ago, my bonnet and bumper got a respray by resprayers organised by my insurance company after someone bumped into it. Fast forward a year, and my bonnet had faded... badly. After taking it to a proper spray shop, they said it was resprayed straight black, no clear coat!

In any case, my lesson learnt - don't trust body shops picked by insurance companies! Anyways, bonnet re-respray of bonnet now sorted :)

before_after.png

Absolutely shocking. Did you not realise when it wasnt glossy smooth? When Amanda had some work done on her Ibiza I made them redo it (insurance job) as I could feel they didnt clear coat under the door arches. You couldnt see it but it felt as rough as a badgers a**e! Surprised you didnt think something was up straight away. Glad its sorted now, million times better :thumbs:

i always reassign my own bodyshop for work on my cars and never go on insurance reccomendations. they are only bothered about fixing a car for the cheast cost possible. which doesn;t always lead to the best job.

your the 2nd person in a month to have had dodgy insurance work done.

I suspected there might be problems when the body shop refused to tell me what work they had done on the car - saying that I'd have to ask the insurance company. The problem I would have had then would have been proving that they had worked on the bonnet.

In fairness, it looked pretty good when it was done, and it was only after the warranty had run out that i really started to notice that anything was up. Regardless, it seems I've learnt an important lesson - never use East Bilney Coach works :)