Tyre Replacement Intervals?

Diab2005

My REO50A's lasted 25k but a lot of that was normal day to day driving, still much better than I thought though :thumbs:

crickey - I think I'm barely going to 12K out of mine (and I drive like a granny - in comparison to most in here :stir: )

My REO50A's lasted 25k but a lot of that was normal day to day driving, still much better than I thought though :thumbs:

crickey - I think I'm barely going to 12K out of mine (and I drive like a granny - in comparison to most in here :stir: )

When I got the car I budgeted to change the tyres yearly but as I say they lasted well over that which included the run around Wales and a few other spirited drives :drive1

I knew it was time to change them when I went to a meet at the Owl in torrential rain and went sideways on every roundabout on the dual carriageway alone there :scare:

Great fun but though :blush:

How long is a piece of string?

Tyre wear will depend on:

how you drive

what roads you drive on

what tyres you have fitted! :blink:

If you have rock solid linglongs fitted and do mainly motorways at 60mph, one set of tyres will probably do several years. if however, you have a penchant for drift days, that same set of tyres will last about 10 minutes.

As for costs - well, if you get budget tyres, perhaps as cheap as £300 for all 4 - if you want decent tread, probably factor around £800. More if you have wider tyres or larger diameter rims.

Cheers guys, some really useful info here. I started panicking thinking i'd be looking at £800pa uphold on tyres. I wouldnt be drifting anywhere as i'd prob end up in a hedge ...maybe after a years experience or so though! so budget on tyres is around £300pa for a non drifter? I almost bought an astra vxr today the guy reckoned it would beat a 350z :lol:

To be fair it packed a punch though :boxing: . I've decided against that particular vehicle as there are a couple of years where it has only done 1-2k mileage? Dodgy? Needed pads replacing at 34k miles! So after coming back and reading this post my mind is once again with the Zed aaahhhhhhh decisions decisions...it's all good fun though!

Cheers

Cheers guys, some really useful info here. I started panicking thinking i'd be looking at £800pa uphold on tyres. I wouldnt be drifting anywhere as i'd prob end up in a hedge ...maybe after a years experience or so though! so budget on tyres is around £300pa for a non drifter? I almost bought an astra vxr today the guy reckoned it would beat a 350z :lol:

To be fair it packed a punch though :boxing: . I've decided against that particular vehicle as there are a couple of years where it has only done 1-2k mileage? Dodgy? Needed pads replacing at 34k miles! So after coming back and reading this post my mind is once again with the Zed aaahhhhhhh decisions decisions...it's all good fun though!

Cheers

300 a year isnt realistic. Go onto camskill tyres and price 245/45/18 and 225/45/18 tyres and you will get a realistic price. Youre about 500 quid for a cheap set of falkens or something similar

Cheers

300 a year isnt realistic. Go onto camskill tyres and price 245/45/18 and 225/45/18 tyres and you will get a realistic price. Youre about 500 quid for a cheap set of falkens or something similar

Depends on annual mileage though if it's only going to be 8k then £300 a year would be bang on the money :thumbs:

Does this mean I have to put up with mine for another 24k Dave?

Pete the way your rear slides about it will be about 2.4k :lol:

Why do you think I have a walking stick then?

I thought that was for hitting the bluetooth module :shrug:

I thought that was for hitting the bluetooth module :shrug:

I will hit something "Blue" with it when I next see you!!

:p:p:p