Miami..

adam1942

I was called in to the directors office yesterday. I was asked if I wanted to go to Miami for a weeks training/Partner conference...

Turns out on the Wednesday and Thursday for about 4 hours I'll be doing my stuff and the rest of my time is my own.

The companies paying for my girlfriend and myself to go over as we (as a company) recently moved office and as I moved all the internal IT stuff over a weekend with zero disruption on the Monday morning so its a big thank you!

All I need to do is take a weeks leave... Although we'll be going a few days early and I'll be paying for a hotel for 3 days so we can see the sights etc! The trip is officially from 5th - 9th November although we'll be arriving on the 2nd. The course is actually on a cruise ship which will sail to/around the Bahamas then back to Miami on the Friday to get a flight home!

Has anyone been before? How did you find it? I was looking online and I can rent a Ford Mustang GT (5.0 V8) for 3 days for £235 with unlimited mileage..

Sorry for the big message.. I'm shocked. I've only ever been to Spain and main land UK..

Don't forget to register with the US Department Of Homeland Security and get ESTA approval

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

+1 nice one BM. Mate you'll love it, Miami, same as any other big city, use you loaf and stay away from any 'suspect' areas, get a car with navigation if you can :thumbs: Jealous, no not me :teeth:

Only thought of it, cos I did mine today :D

Off to Baltimore in October for 2 weeks, total cost to me? £260 for flights and ........nothing for acommodation as we are staying at friends (Cheap flights as my GF is a flight attendant :D )

Don't forget to register with the US Department Of Homeland Security and get ESTA approval

+1 nice one BM. Mate you'll love it, Miami, same as any other big city, use you loaf and stay away from any 'suspect' areas, get a car with navigation if you can :thumbs: Jealous, no not me :teeth:

Off to Baltimore in October for 2 weeks, total cost to me? £260 for flights and ........nothing for acommodation as we are staying at friends (Cheap flights as my GF is a flight attendant :D )

Nice :thumbs: Which airline?

She flies with Condor

She flies with Condor

Wow really....

I loved that film

condorman.jpg

Cheers BM I'm waiting on flight details before I can sign up!

I think the GT version of the car comes with Satnav which is great :) I'm still a bit.. shocked if I'm honest - really decent thing for them to do!

They obviously think a lot of you and you're pretty good at your job. Good for you mate :thumbs::clap:

Have fun and a +1 on not straying out of the main areas. I hear some parts are very dodgy for "tourists" :surrender: