Common VQ35DE problems?

Arran

Just reading on the internet about our engines the DE version, looking at the specs of them. Came accross a website saying they have common problems with tensioners etc. Taking it all with a pinch of salt but thought I'd ask anyway of anyone knew of any if at all problems with them?

Cheers

Arran

Mine has always had a slight rattle on start up (about a second) especially when been left standing for a while so that all the oil had dropped. Never been worried about it. Engine runs perfectly and is whisper quiet when warm and idling. :)

Mine has the occasional squeak when cold,had all the tensioners etc checked and AMS pulleys tightened,but was told that it was the pulleys more than anything else,car runs sweet all the time,and hasnt used a drop of oil between services. And thats even after a couple of track days.

Don't know about you but I often see 30mpg on a motorway run

Yes but only when i look in the window off the car next to me and can see theres :lol:

:lol::lol:

Some can have worn piston rings now they are getting older. Fuel damper can become noisy, ones suffering from dett.

They seem to be pretty strong though.