Driver side window etc switches question

jep350z

At the recent Midlands Meet I was told that replacing the UK spec switches with import spec will give me the Automatic open/close feature to my passenger door as well as my driver door. I also believe that import cars automatically tuck their wing mirrors in when locked - will the import switch console also provide that feature?

James

• 3 weeks later...

If you replace the window switches on both driver and passenger sides with import switches then you will have auto window close from all three switches. On a UK car this will not enable wing mirror fold when locking the doors, cookbot did a mod for this but he's working abroad currently. I might still have a wring diagram for the one I did from a previous member , let me know if you want me to look it out when I get back from holiday next week :)

On mine, the automatic fold feature only works if the manual rocker is set to 'open' - ie over to the right. In rocker centre or close position, the power via the locking system is not routed to/from the mirror controls. :thumbs: (this gotcha got me too once)

It really bugs me not having auto up and down windows for the passenger side. How easy is it to get JDM switches?

I got a set from a breaker on ebay, was easy enough - think it cost me about 30 quid. Just search for breaking 350z, the ad will normally be for selling a wheel nut or something like that and say "all other parts available" just drop them an email.

• 4 weeks later...

The topic here seems interesting. This was also my issue a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, any updates for this? I've been into several nissan parts auto shop but still can't find affordable parts for it. Any suggestios of where can I look these switches? Online reference will be a good one! Thanks :)

^^+1 what Grant said and :pmzmanalex:

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Sorry to post on an old thread

I have recently purchased the import drivers door switches in aim to give me the auto one touch open on the passenger side, I have been unable to locate the passenger switch so that one remains with a non auto switch, However on the new driver door switch it doesn't make a difference if i press the passenger button one click (manual) or two clicks (Automatic) the window will still stop when i release the button. Drivers button is working as it was with the Auto Function.

this is on a 2006 model, is there something i am missing to add in the functionality or could, it be that the Passenger door switch needs to be an Auto switch to enable it, if so where could i get one from?

I was looking for an answer before i buy another switch which still may not work.

any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

• 1 year later...

This feature really bugs me lol.

Has anyone ever taken the switches apart? On my old BMW the rear windows wouldn't have auto up/down from the factory but you could pull the switch apart and literally trim a bit of plastic so the switch could make a tiny bit more movement when being pressed and that allowed one touch windows.

Just wondering if the same could apply here before I butcher my switches lol