I put normal unleaded in and now EML

Cat11pillar

Hi guys,

I only brought my 07 350z yesterday. Its the 313 version with GT pack. Got to say what a lovely machine!!

I have owned a few 'fast' cars over the years but they have all been german in the past. Anyhow like a fool, I just put in normal Shell unleaded yesterday (full tank). Having done a quick search I know that is now a mistake :bangin:

Anyhow I drove the car home yesterday on the motorway back from the dealer (approx 100 miles) and in the evening gave the car a hard run for about 5 miles.

Started the car this morning and got the EML on :bang:

I have a feeling this is related to the fact I put in Unleaded and not super unleaded.

I will post the error codes in next few hours once its getting checked.

Question is have I done any long term damage?

Can I just top up with Super Unleaded and clear the EML light? Shall i add some fuel addicitive to boost the current unleaded thats in the car? Any other thoughts...

So gutted....but will not make this mistake again!

Normal unleaded in itself will not cause any lasting damage if its only been in a short period. Just make sure while it is in that you dont rev it north of 5kRPM or drive it too hard. Drive it a bit lightly for now until you get it down to half a tank, stick some super in and jobs a good un.

I suspect the EML will not be related to it, but stick the code up and we can have a look at whats caused it :thumbs:

Actually the 370Z can cope with 95 without serious problem, barring a slight loss in power. Get the code read and clear it, and possibly chuck a bottle of octane booster in the tank as well if you're still worried (about a fiver from a good motor factor).

It'll be fine, probably just coincidence. :)

Actually the 370Z can cope with 95 without serious problem, barring a slight loss in power. Get the code read and clear it, and possibly chuck a bottle of octane booster in the tank as well if you're still worried (about a fiver from a good motor factor).

It'll be fine, probably just coincidence. :)

And so can the 313 HR engine in the 350's ;)

Best thing would be to fill up with super before you get to half empty, rather than waiting longer and then when you open the flap read the message :bangin:

P1040502.jpg

Thanks guys for your quick comments!

Glad to hear it wont do any major damage! In fact I cant wait for the power to increase when I stick some proper fuel in it! :yahoo:

Will stick the code up shortly. Just at a garage now getting looked at!

Hopefully wont be anything major...or at least covered by the dealers warranty!

Ok because I was at work I gave the car to my dad who took it to the garage...

Despite telling him I wanted the exact error code.....I was told it started with a 9 and had something to do with the fuel.. :bangin:

So basically they have cleared the error and thats all I know :angry:

It will be driven gently until I can top it up properly and hopefully the error code wont be back again!