Not looking forward to this...

SparksCW

I think the time has come as I've realised that realistically I can't keep the car and get the house at the same time :thumbdown: I can afford to run it, but not whilst trying to save £1000 a month so the car just sits there and to be fair once I have the house I won't be able to justify keeping it going when money will need to be spent doing the place up so again it'll sit around depreciating. I've also got a dirt bike that I plan on keeping so unfortunately it all makes sense :angry:

I test drove a 2012 Hyundai veloster sport today with paddle shift on the thinking I could PCP a new car and free up some cash, it was lovely but again it'd be a non essential toy that the fiancé would mostly use, and it'd be too expensive for her really as she just likes a basic run a round.

So, what are Zeds selling like at the minute? Mines an 04 sunset uk with 48k miles, excellent condition, v2 spoiler fitted professionally, colour matched door handles and matt black wheels (recently done) I would remove the pop charger, cobra exhaust, throttle controller and nurrish sat nav to sell seperately.

Would I get £7500? More? Or less? I'm not desperate to sell but need to be realistic at the same time.

250312-350z-1.jpg

250312-350z-6.jpg

Hopefully once the house is bought and completed I can return with a storm white 370Z B)

I reckon 7.5K is fair, maybe 8 at a push.

You're doing the right thing, a car should never get in the way of a house purchase :thumbs:

I'm not sure PCP is a particularly economical way to run a different car though, I'd get a reliable 5 year old car (maybe a DERV?) and run that for a year or three. :shrug:

£8k would be my ideal, it's not super mint but it's pretty damn good and recently had a lot of money spent on spoiler (from Zmanalex) and wheels etc. replaced front discs and pads (from Zmanalex) too. I don't think I've done all that many miles since the last dealer service either. Maybe if I put it up for £8500 and see what interest and offers it gains, if no interest then I could reduce the asking price accordingly. Will be sad to see it go but I'm sure it'll be forgotten once I have my own house rather than a rented flat!

Lovely looking Z, hope you get what you want for it :thumbs:. Do NOT get a car on PCP/Loan if need to sell the Z to justify a house. There's nothing worse than paying £££ a months on the mortagage and than realising you need to than find another £200-300 a months (theres no way the Z would be costing that much to run anyways) on top to pay for a car which is depreciating every day....been there done that :lol:

Lovely looking Z, hope you get what you want for it :thumbs:. Do NOT get a car on PCP/Loan if need to sell the Z to justify a house. There's nothing worse than paying £££ a months on the mortagage and than realising you need to than find another £200-300 a months (theres no way the Z would be costing that much to run anyways) on top to pay for a car which is depreciating every day....been there done that :lol:

Yeah I think you're right, we were originally looking to sell my car, sell the fiance's Punto then buy a new car on PCP to "share" but to be honest I was looking at the Veloster Sport for £25k, lovely car but I will never really drive it as I have a van and I'm not sure that sharing a car will work out too well :lol: she isn't bothered by a fancy car so it'd just be buying an expensive car for her, so that I can drive it every now and then.... pointless!

We've decided to just stick with her little Punto and try and get the steering motor fixed. As you can see by the thread I've come to my senses a bit and realised I'm just being stupid hanging onto the zed, which I've been doing for a while as I've barely used it for quite a while now due to this very reason.

Having a quick look on ebay there are a lot of nice cars becoming "cheap", in a few years time after the house a BMW Z4 could be picked up fairly cheap, or an S2000 or even another 350Z I guess!

The Rays look very good in black.

Just wondering how much that set you back, as I wouldn't mind considering doing that.

I'd also hapilly swap for my standard Rays!

:lol: definetly not swapping for a standard set without money coming my way. They cost £75 + VAT a wheel, they are painted not powdercoated (can touch up paint if ever needed, can't with most powdercoats) they are a matt/satin black so they aren't too shiney, I think they look way better in the flat black compared to gloss. I think it was Ford Ash Black we went for in the end. I love them and think it transforms the car :thumbs: one of the best things I did to it if I'm honest!

Not selling well at all atm. I just sold my 2007 313 UK Roadster, with optional GT pack, optional Alezan interior, optional Sat Nav, ipod adapter, 18" Rays wheels, DS2500 pads, stainless exhaust, 4 new tyres, 12 months MOT. Totally mint, FSH, not a mark on it anywhere. 1 previous owner, and only 40k miles for £9k. Okay, so it was to a dealer, but they are struggling to shift it on their forecourt for £10,500k atm, so I know privately id have struggled to get that. Gutting really how much they have dropped in value.

In general though the prices vary like mad. Theres a garage not far from my old house which seems to always have 350z`s in stock and they are asking £10500 for an 2005 plate.

I have been keeping close eye on prices last few weeks and have been shocked to see how much they have dropped since I had mine. I have been offered two 05 plate roadsters in very nice condition for well under £8k without any haggling at all.

Just need to sell the TVR now lol

Suppose all depends how quickly you want to sell as it only takes the right buyer who is willing to pay a bit above market value for a mint example but don't think you will get much interest quick if asking over £8k

Orange will always be harder to sell/worth less as well unfortunately.

I would personally pay a bit extra for a ginger over a silver or gunmetal and know from selling mine a while back quite a few people were actively looking for a good one. It does though seem that the Alzean leather is not all that popular, again when selling mine it did put people off.

:lol: definetly not swapping for a standard set without money coming my way.

Out of interest....how much extra cash would you want for a swap?

I thought about this earlier, but as nice as the wheels are the real cost comes down to tyres, mine are all good tyres with tread, but the fronts are different to the rears so that'd put people off on a swap... and by the time you change tyres it all adds to the cost etc.

I would have a go at selling as it is first you know.........I think thats a nicely modded car. You may even find it helps you to sell in this instance but I think you should be pricing it modded what you thought for stock.

Nice car though mate. :thumbs:

A Hyundai Veloster?

I guess you mean the turbo, why would you spend £25k on something slower and just as thirsty :shrug:

The turbos not out yet, the spec said 50mpg motorway so seemed a lot better, not actually going to go for it now though, will just sell the car and stick with my van for the forseeable. It's mostly all I use anyway to be honest.

I thought about this earlier, but as nice as the wheels are the real cost comes down to tyres, mine are all good tyres with tread, but the fronts are different to the rears so that'd put people off on a swap... and by the time you change tyres it all adds to the cost etc.

Well considering it would cost about £40-50 to do the tyre swap, what would you be looking for?

I know it's a long shot, but the seed of curiousity has been planted now!

really.......think your wrong there m8. :bangin:

Yep! There was a thread on here that had average prices and changed dramatically for colour. Orange was definitely one of the lowest!

really.......think your wrong there m8. :bangin:

Yep! There was a thread on here that had average prices and changed dramatically for colour. Orange was definitely one of the lowest!

Suppose its all down to personal choice when I was looking for my first zed it was only a ginger i wanted, same with the gut who bought it from me