Astra VXR keeping up??

ddcboyle

Whats the reason people go to garage if plenum is easy to fit? Any others than will improve (other than remap/turbo/s.charger lol)

If search worked I'd find you the thread where husky cracked his plenum!

It's easy provided you don't **** it up!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is gonna sound daft, but might aswell ask it while im on a roll. Those gucci looking silicone pipes, are they designed to improve anything or just look good. On their site it says enhances performance, but thats on every product site.

And the radiator fluid, radiator keeps car cool at higher speeds/revs, is it worth buying expensive stuff or does it not really make a difference unless ur always tracking it?

i think the improved performance is in the pipe itself i.e. it will last longer. they have threads woven inside them for strength.

they are mostly for making it look pretty.

they aren't cheap though, and you'd be best getting some nice mikalor clamps to finish the look off with.

Mate I'll make this easy for you......this isn't me being off with you I'm just saving you the bother of wondering.

You'll squeeze a few more ponies out of the car for a grand or 2.....you wont really notice a huge difference.

There isn't a mod that you can do that will make you think 'wow' from a performance perspective.

You have 2 options......make the car handle, ride and stop better which means you can push harder or you need I believe 8-10k for Proper FI (ie not just bolting a turbo on).

Serious power in this car is hard to achieve without a very committed budget however you can make it handle well and sound amazing for much, much less if you dont mind losing to the scrabble wagons occasionally. :thumbs:

Mate I'll make this easy for you......this isn't me being off with you I'm just saving you the bother of wondering.

You'll squeeze a few more ponies out of the car for a grand or 2.....you wont really notice a huge difference.

There isn't a mod that you can do that will make you think 'wow' from a performance perspective.

You have 2 options......make the car handle, ride and stop better which means you can push harder or you need I believe 8-10k for Proper FI (ie not just bolting a turbo on).

Serious power in this car is hard to achieve without a very committed budget however you can make it handle well and sound amazing for much, much less if you dont mind losing to the scrabble wagons occasionally. :thumbs:

Might be time to just realise im gna get beat by people with less superior looking cars but have cash :lol: ah well, got a few tips from this topic and made myself look like a proper car retard lol. Ill stick to vinyl wrapping til i can learn more before posting up these topics :lol:

The main reason, as mentioned already is the car needs to be uprev'd to achieve the gains that fitting the plenum can offer, some will adopt the attitude that if the garage has to do the uprev then they may as well do everything. Others clearly want to learn and test themselves a bit by DIY'ing.

I guess "easy to fit" should be gauged by your own skill level, and let's be honest most of us know what we are capable of. I did my own plenum but only after I had read manuals and instruction sets and determined that I was happy to attempt this, it went well and then it went to Abbey for the uprev. Now, compare this to a supercharger installation, for example, I would certainly seek help from someone more experienced than me if I did indeed decide to do this. Take a look at Keyser's thread and darren-b's too and you soon start to realise what some people can achieve. So, the key for me is research before attempting anything, don't take an "it's easy job" as an answer from anybody, it maybe for them but not for you or me.

Just my two penny worth :)

Whats the reason people go to garage if plenum is easy to fit? Any others than will improve (other than remap/turbo/s.charger lol)

+1 :thumbs:

Driver training is definitely worth it too. When an instructor drives your car 100% quicker round a course than you ever dreamed it could go, you realise that there is one thing you can mod to make a significant performance improvement - THE DRIVER!!

Might be time to just realise im gna get beat by people with less superior looking cars but have cash :lol: ah well, got a few tips from this topic and made myself look like a proper car retard lol. Ill stick to vinyl wrapping til i can learn more before posting up these topics :lol:

Hey there are plenty of retards on here, pretty much 99% of them have posted on this thread, myself included :lol:

You summed it up pretty well saying 'less superior looking cars'

For me a Zed is about cruising around making a lovely noise and showing off a beautiful car :cloud9:

^^^Truth.

Don't sweat it, I could go pick up a car for £1500 and it would walk all over a Zed in a straight line.* It's not one that I'd want to own instead though! :lol:

* mk2 MR2 tubby, then whack the boost up. Strip the weight and they don't half shift.

^^^Truth.

Don't sweat it, I could go pick up a car for £1500 and it would walk all over a Zed in a straight line.* It's not one that I'd want to own instead though! :lol:

* mk2 MR2 tubby, then whack the boost up. Strip the weight and they don't half shift.

I still have a secret hankering for a Mk2 tubby MR2 :ninja: is that wrong :blush:

^^^Truth.

Don't sweat it, I could go pick up a car for £1500 and it would walk all over a Zed in a straight line.* It's not one that I'd want to own instead though! :lol

I still have a secret hankering for a Mk2 tubby MR2 :ninja: is that wrong :blush:

My previous car before the Z was the Mr2 Turbo revision 3 t-bar in black , the last so i believe of the turbo mk2, it was a great car. Sold it after 3 years of ownership for more than I paid. Was a bit tail happy when turbo kicked in , and not expecting it.. great looks for an oldish car ! Highly recommend owning one :thumbs: