Long shot but anyone available to help?

Arran

If its burning oil it should smoke out the exhaust though shouldn't it? 65k isnt alot for one of these is it?

not always no, 65k is hardly worn in to be honest.

the oil burning issue is pretty rare at the moment, its affected a few, but its more noticable on a forum where most people only log on to solve an issue.

it comes from using the wrong fuel in it., end up with bore damage and bore wear from memory. if you think its buring oil the best thing to do is take it to a garage and get a compression test done. that will give you a good idea of what shape the engines in.

if its a private sale or even a garage ask them if its been burning oil. they should tell the truth as its always been caveat emptor )buyer beware) meaning if you don;t ask they dont have to tell. if you do ask they should be honest, if there not you have grounds to sue, bring back the car etc. not so easy to prove though.

Ok il ask him if it has been using any, it's a private sale yeah. I always use v power in my cars whatever it is so if it hasn't been before it will if I get in. Il get a full check over and compression test done when it's build hopefully all will be well

When I view the add the pictures are very small, maybe just me? Hopefully it's very tidy as the advertised price is exactly what most would advertise a GT with Ray's for. If everything is as it should be, start at £6.5k and don't go over £7k ;)

100% do as Ricey suggested about the fuel, be kind of Koi about it and play a bit dumb so that if he has been using 95 ron he might tell you. Also read the service record like you would Nuts Mag, make sure it's been serviced every 9k/1 year max, i'd stretch to it being a couple of months late if the miles are low or up to 1000 miles late though TBH on 1 or 2 services if the rest are spot on or early.

If I was still in the market, you'd have to be beating me to it :boxing: .

It looks like a good one. Looks like the price of the zeds have come down slightly in the last 6 months too. I paid 8k for mine, same spec, same mileage, though in GM (and from a dealer).

Good luck :thumbs:

Well I am the proud new owner of an azure blue z B) car is very straight, couple of minor niggles need sorting but that will be done after an oil change and aux belts being done.

Happy to be in a z though!

Congratualtions matey, that didnt take long glad it turned out to be a gem. Sure did look nice.

Will you be in it on saturday - be a nice introduction

Yeah il be there Saturday with it, ive noticed and read about it about the thrust bearing chattering slightly on idle, mine does it a little it's intermittent but goes with the clutch pedal pressed down, it doesn't slip and the pedal is mid way so the clutch is good. Is it normal like every other Z or will work need doing?

Yeah il be there Saturday with it, ive noticed and read about it about the thrust bearing chattering slightly on idle, mine does it a little it's intermittent but goes with the clutch pedal pressed down, it doesn't slip and the pedal is mid way so the clutch is good. Is it normal like every other Z or will work need doing?

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Mine did it but we can have a listen on saturday to check.

tracker makes insurance more expensive. when i've played around with adding it. apparently its becuase insurance companies know its more likely to be found but would possibly need lots spending on it depending on damage. so they weight the insurance against trackers.

how true that is i don't know, but from experimenting it doesn;t make it cheaper.

also if it was a 50k car i'd be more inclined. but the zeds a sub 10k car now and although its a great car its not really been a major crime target, unlike things like BMWs are at the moment.