anyone know this one ???

ewan221

There was another black convertible on an 05 plate that actually looked better that had just sold at a dealer in Gladgow for £7500. I did not realise how much prices had dropped since I sold mine.

Trying not to look to hard as my TVR not sold yet but having the odd peak at local cars lol

Private plate as well........looks good on the face of it.

It's a Belfast plate from about 1992, no idea why he would have wanted it though, doesn't seem to mean anything to me :shrug:

OP - looks like a great deal to be had, go along and check the book and maybe get a HPI check just to be sure it's not cheap for a reason. It's not seriously cheap, but from a dealer it's rare for them to be so civil with prices.

Back in the day that was the trend wasn't it........get some odd NI plate and slat it on your car because you can't afford a proper private plate.

Disguises the year though!

Really, I actually genuinely didn't know people used to do that on the mainland. Bit of a waste of a few hundred quid just to have a plate that is arranged a little different. :bangin:

That seems a very good price. I got more than that for my roadster as a trade in in March with similar miles.

Prices are generally a bit lower in Scotland, this one (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 7477765489 )sold yesterday apparently - very close to the car i asked about so maybe a bit of a price war ?

Good news is have a couple of people coming to see my TVR this week and there is a guy from Germany wanting to come over and see it !!!

Back in the day that was the trend wasn't it........get some odd NI plate and slat it on your car because you can't afford a proper private plate.

Really, I actually genuinely didn't know people used to do that on the mainland. Bit of a waste of a few hundred quid just to have a plate that is arranged a little different. :bangin:

It was a very 90's/early noughties fad when tinterweb was in its infancy and you could get an NI plate for 100 quid and a private plate was reserved for the rich and famous.

That seems a very good price. I got more than that for my roadster as a trade in in March with similar miles.

Prices are generally a bit lower in Scotland, this one (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 7477765489 )sold yesterday apparently - very close to the car i asked about so maybe a bit of a price war ?

Good news is have a couple of people coming to see my TVR this week and there is a guy from Germany wanting to come over and see it !!!

Hold out for the asking price, because if this guy comes from Germany, it's not to try to knock 10-15% off your price, he's coming for the car and won't want to go home empty handed for the sake of a few Monopoly monies.

It was a very 90's/early noughties fad when tinterweb was in its infancy and you could get an NI plate for 100 quid and a private plate was reserved for the rich and famous.

Unfortunately not that easy coming this way, I seen a decent "basic" UK plate I was thinking of KY 04 LEZ which is pretty good for me because mine is an 04. Could of got it for sub £200, but because it wasn't on a car, it was going to cost me another £200 for them to use a donor car to transfer the plate to N Ireland. I'm too tight to pay £400 for a basic £200 plate :lol:

Really shouldnt of but went for a quick look at this one today. Looked very clean, usual stone chips on front and rear wheels pretty badly kerbed.

Mix of tyres Flakens on back and an Avon and cheapie brand on front. The dealer seemed to know his Zeds said clutch was good, no cliky axle and is changing the compression arms before the sale. Obviously need to give it a proper going over but just might be tempted by this if the TVR goes next week.