I'm looking into buying a 350z

Steven350

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many black ones around for that price :( If possible I was hoping to include my insurance in my £10,000 budget. Given that my insurace is going to be about £1,000-£1,200 I'm looking to spend between £8,000 - £9,000.

Good luck getting a black facelift for 9k. I too want a facelift, can afford it, but the extra in tax and initial outlay is really off putting. Unless I can pick one up for a bargain price of 8k then pre facelift it is for me too.

Probably a "how long is a piece of string question" but how much would you, out should you be winning to negotiate off of trade poor private buys?

When I was looking, black or silver seemed the most common colour around at the time, but fashions change.

With your 2nd question, like you say its really how long is a piece of string. When I bought mine, I made offers on 2 and the sellers (dealers) refused to budge a penny on them. Seriously. I even tried walking away after a good hard haggling session and they still refused to budge on the full screen price. Usually you would get a bit more flexibility with a private sale, but the problem there is that 350`s have dropped in price a lot this last year, so people who are selling now may not be happy at letting the car go cheap (even if its a "fair" market price). I paid £16k for my zed last year and now its up for sale at a dealer for £11k. I got £9k for it trade in. Thats a big drop in value and not everyone would be happy letting a car go for that sort of cash. Some people figure they would rather keep it.

If you end up buying a facelift version ( well worth it) , and fancy switching from black to tan- I'd happily do a swap as I have the upgraded alezan ventilated back seats (the highest upgrade I think) but want to swap. the tan do look very plush

BTW A colleague at work has an 06 roadster in black for sale but with c 80k on the clock . If you're interested I could ask him to send you the pics

Not many black ones around for that price :( If possible I was hoping to include my insurance in my £10,000 budget. Given that my insurace is going to be about £1,000-£1,200 I'm looking to spend between £8,000 - £9,000.

Good luck getting a black facelift for 9k. I too want a facelift, can afford it, but the extra in tax and initial outlay is really off putting. Unless I can pick one up for a bargain price of 8k then pre facelift it is for me too.

Probably a "how long is a piece of string question" but how much would you, out should you be winning to negotiate off of trade poor private buys?

Sorry I don't understand your question

Was just a general question, asking how much should you aim to negotiate off of trade or private purchases. Want to be cheeky and ask people how much they paid for their Zed, but didn't want to be too rude :lol: My budget is £8k for a pre-facelift, rays, and sub 50k.

:lol: predictive text fail methinks!

Precisely :doh:

If you end up buying a facelift version ( well worth it) , and fancy switching from black to tan- I'd happily do a swap as I have the upgraded alezan ventilated back seats (the highest upgrade I think)

The alezan ones were solid backed on the coupe and ventilated on the roadster.

Suppose I should know by now but thats not a facelift is it?

No humpy bonnet?

T'is a facelift, but not a HR. :thumbs:

Thats right! Facelift came out in 2006, HR came out mid 2007.

The price on that one does seem about right. 2007 ones seem to be around the £9500 mark, so 2006 for £8995 (maybe less if you knock him down) seems to be about right.

£9000 has been bid a couple of times and won but don't think the owner wants to let it go for less that £9500 which is why it's popped up again.

What about this one, how much would you pay:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4071988.htm

This one is 5 mins from one of the forum members, also been on sale for wee while but does look very clean. Price wise in the higher end for year but it does say ono in advert.

Where about in UK are you ?

Edinburgh, so this is pretty much ideal. I'd prefer to get an idea of price though before jumping in. I really don't know what a good price would be

It's a bit more than average for one up here ( I'm in Ayr) but Black cars do seem to be more expensive. I do know there was a similar spec car - same year and approx miles but in silver thats just been sold near you for £1000 less than the Black ones asking price. The advert does say Ono so no harm in doing a bit of negotiating