Curse of the black pearl.

Luke0549

Hi!

Thought ild start one of these just to keep track of my progress.

Anyways, I'm Luke, I'm from Watford area, and I'm lucky enough to have a company van so my zed isn't used on a daily basis. So I can kinda do what I want!

Bought the car in Feb, it's a black 2003 (52 plate) jdm import. Since then I've pretty much done not a great deal to it. But now due to the cost of the car, and being at pretty much its lowest depreciation point, i can have some fun with it and not worry about losing too much money on it. I have kept it completely standard and was just looking around until I decided what I wanted to do to it.

801decaa.jpg

Was going to go down the massively slammed, wide stretched tyre, or 'euro' look as I had leaned towards on my previous car before I got annoyed with the poor engine,

DSCF2557.jpg

This was a car I build when I was 16/17. Yet, unsurprisingly, not a single insurance company would touch me due to it having a tuned vts engine. So that project got sold. But this zed will be better!

6576_244173910219_562390219_8443657.jpg

But that all changed when I came back from the ring.

ac624272.jpg

I'm now going to make the car into a track day car. Over the next few months I will slowly be buying parts for it.

So far I've got:

17" OZ Superturismos resprayed in bright orange

a5f7348b.jpg

30mm spacers front and back, these are due to the offset of the wheels.

55562b96.jpg

Orange tow strap

Drift works carbon rear wing

Flyeye kit.

Next on list

Exhaust - possibly the k1

Coilovers

Brembos/discs/pads

Tyres

Full roll cage

Once all that is done and I feel I have fully worked the car and feel the power is not enough then I'll look for something more. Either turbo/supercharge or lsx.

A spanner got thrown into the works when my wheel decided to overtake me, leaving the car resting on the brakes and suspension. Ruining my front wing. Fun. So now need a new front wing.

Wish I could justify buying the £500 carbon one!

db4ea9db.jpg

Fitted the flyeye kit to the front headlight and the rear indicator clusters. Althought it looks good having an all black front, the sight quality is poor. I'm going to have one more drive with them on tonight, but will more than likely take them off.

a53239ff.jpg

So yeah thats a bit ofmy story. Hopefully this will all go to plan.

Was legal last year, wont pass an MOT now though, anything which restricts light is a fail

Is that for front or rear or both? I've got FlyEyes on my rear, still got my old non-LED lights though if needed come MOT time.

Ahah, I don't really watch POTC, it's just every car I've had, bar my 106 has been black, and they've all been 'cursed' due to having problems. And seeing as the wheel came off this, it just proves again, it's a curse of a black car! :)

Ahah, I don't really watch POTC, it's just every car I've had, bar my 106 has been black, and they've all been 'cursed' due to having problems. And seeing as the wheel came off this, it just proves again, it's a curse of a black car! :)

Or curse of the owner that never checked the wheel nuts! :lol::lol::lol:

So I went to get my wheels fitted. Was all good until they actually put them on and I realised how small they are....

Look really small in the arches... Pretty gutted tbh...

Nice colour and i like the wheel.... Just really small :/

Massive anti-climax.

58b7b166.jpg

So I went to get my wheels fitted. Was all good until they actually put them on and I realised how small they are....

Look really small in the arches... Pretty gutted tbh...

Nice colour and i like the wheel.... Just really small :/

Massive anti-climax.

58b7b166.jpg

I did suspect it'd look wrong with 17s.

I suspected right. Looks like a 99p toy one now!

Get some silly coloured rays on - will be better for track anyway! B)B)B)

Plastidip is good for the price but on wheels I'd probably go for a respray as the finish can be a bit patchy coming out of the aerosol can. It depends what the colour of the wheel is, my E65 wheels looked a bit patchy as they were silver with black Plastidip.

It doors look awesome on door handles and badges though!

I really don't think the wheels look that bad personally. B)

Cheers, but in the flesh you'll see what I mean about being too small...

It's okay, pick up some matt black team dynamic 18" x 8.5 last night. Possibly fit them tonight if I finish at a reasonable time!

Was legal last year, wont pass an MOT now though, anything which restricts light is a fail

Is that for front or rear or both? I've got FlyEyes on my rear, still got my old non-LED lights though if needed come MOT time.

The FlyEyes look B) on the rear!! Does anyone know if this is illegal? As it is something I would really like to do.