Curse of the black pearl.

Luke0549

Its all lights

From the AA website on the new rules:

Lighting

Products on the lens or light source that obviously reduce the light's intensity or change its colour will become a reason for failure – applies to front/rear position lamps, registration plate lamps, stop lamps, rear fog and direction indicators,

Headlight requirements are updated to take account of the particular characteristics of High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps.

HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. Where HID or LED dipped beam headlamps are fitted the tester will switch on the headlamps and check the operation of any headlamp levelling and cleaning devices fitted.

The car will fail if a headlamp levelling or cleaning device is inoperative or otherwise obviously defective.

If a headlamp bulb is not seated correctly the resulting beam pattern will be indistinct and this will result in a test fail.

Of course there is nothing to stop you from ripping it off once a year for the MoT and putting a new layer back on again afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Had the rear wing fitted, then went to Mallory park on the 4th, had an awesome day. But just could not get any power coming out the hairpin due to my traction control being on, and my mate in a fiesta st would just pull away every time. in the dry it turned it off and was just sideways coming out every time. Just couldn't do it.

Anyways in the afternoon it rained so I sat in the paddock, waited for it to stop then went out. Then it started raining again, then out the hairpin the back end went and I over corrected, spun it and hit the Armco.

07462fa0.jpg

At first i thought it was a bent wheel but Luckily it was just cosmetic and a bent tie rod. Ordered one from zmanalex and arrived next working day. Fitted and perfect again.

Black team dymamics back on for daily wheels.

d57a0ff0.jpg

Had a k1 fitted yesterday and my word it's loud!

c93462ce.jpg

Plastidip is good for the price but on wheels I'd probably go for a respray as the finish can be a bit patchy coming out of the aerosol can. It depends what the colour of the wheel is, my E65 wheels looked a bit patchy as they were silver with black Plastidip.

It doors look awesome on door handles and badges though!

+1, saw the plastidip on Jumping350s Zed and although he did a cracking job on it, it does look very flat and doesnt make the most of what are an expensive bit of kit in your alloy wheels. Get them powder coated or sprayed :thumbs:

The pic of your Zed going round the ring looked great, but it seems there's some very unsavoury styling going on. Just my personal opinion.

Can I ask what the heck is that writing supposed to be where I presume the Fairlady badge would have resided?

On a positive note I liked the pug creation :thumbs:

Your needing glasses :lol: I read it on my phone.

It says Illest Z. As in thats the illest. Ill being good. :thumbs:

The pic of your Zed going round the ring looked great, but it seems there's some very unsavoury styling going on. Just my personal opinion.

Can I ask what the heck is that writing supposed to be where I presume the Fairlady badge would have resided?

On a positive note I liked the pug creation :thumbs:

Ahah yeah!

My car has two looks

Track day mode : carbon wing, 17" orange wheels, k1 de-bunged if it meets trackday db

Normal : no rear wing, black 18" wheels, bunged k1

Yeah, sticker says illest. Just had ones spare one lying around so I stuck it on. At the time I didn't really want to pay £20 for a fair lady badge.

• 8 months later...

Right! Just getting ready for nurburgring! Going last weekend of may.

Car is about to hit 100k miles so needed a bit of work done.

The lads at japex were absolutely amazing. Full service and clutch/fly wheel change. Had a slight problem with some wiring, came picked up the car the next day and took it to fix and brought it back, on a Saturday aswell!!

Top marks for Japex. will definently be using again, and recommend highly!

Anyways, Last month bought a set of gold rays with bridgestone r040 on, not the greatest tyres, but at the price I paid, I was happy. they will do for ring action.

Had EBC red-stuff fitted. they've started to make a horrible squeaking noise. so need to get that looked at.

And eventually, After a whole year of ownership, I finally bought a stubby aerial!

Need to fix passenger window motor.

and also take off my 30mm spacers! so if anyone want them pm me!

Contacted custom cages for a quote on a rear cage. that will hopefully be fitted around july.

Then next on my list will be some coilovers.

Hopefully, once the car is sorted, ill see a lot more track action over the 2nd half of the year.

Will throw some pictures up once ive given it a clean.