GOT ONE!!!!

nixy

Good price, especially as it is a Grade 5 mint example, IIRC mine was a 4.5 & mine was mint.

--How many keys does it have, immobiliser ones, not just door entry spare?

--Dont forget to take the BIMTA certificate.

--Dont forget to buy a UK Nissan Service book

--Dont forget to take any Japanese service manuals, if any

--See when service is due, if not for a while I would still change oil & oil filter.

The importer will have it serviced before i get it but that won't be a dealer service obviously.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouldn't ask but do you think it's a good buy?

It's a steal a virtually new car for £15k :thumbs:

But its 4 years old ;)

I would sooner pay £15 k for a 5000mile car than £15k for a 30k mile car 2 years newer ;) especially a JDM one as they tend to be better condition than equivilant year UK cars :)

If we were talking UK cars I'd agree. My cynical mind makes me suspicious of JDM mileages...............

Well done nixy.

I would service as soon as you can.

Don't know anything about price. When I looked at importing to Ireland it would actually of cost me the same to buy a 2003 incl tax as a UK 2004.

The external spec of that car is higher than UK spec as you got the mud flaps and is way about the JDM stock spec. Even the rear wing isn't on their base model.

Immobiliser isn’t normally an option on JDM cars and may only come with one key.

Colour's not for me but you'll be so happy in may when you first set eyes on her.

Definitely the first thing to do once you take ownership is get her serviced. Importers service doesn’t count. With mileage that low and her age she’ll need a full service as it’s highly likely that she’s not done a lot in the last 3 years.

The importer will have it serviced before i get it but that won't be a dealer service obviously.

IMO it would be better to get the importer to take some money off the total price & avoid his service. It would be best to start your UK service book off as soon as possible. So what I said earlier is not correct IMO(I remembered what I did when buying my JDM!). It would best IMO to get a Nissan service done asap, get a stamp in your new UK Nissan service book, regardless of when service is actually due, & whether the importer has changed the oil or not. This is quite important when it comes to selling your car on.

thanks for the advice - yes I'll get a dealer service as well. Imobiliser is something else that will be done in that price - i forgot about that.

I take all your comments on board (even Sarnie's) and it's the risk I'm taking due to the low budget. I've had access to the jap auction listings for the past couple of weeks and the mileage is pretty good on a lot of them. Jurgen at JM-imports has a fantastic reputation which is what I'm relying on.

Any ideas for birthday presents yet then?

Guest prescience

IMO it would be better to get the importer to take some money off the total price & avoid his service. It would be best to start your UK service book off as soon as possible. So what I said earlier is not correct IMO(I remembered what I did when buying my JDM!). It would best IMO to get a Nissan service done asap, get a stamp in your new UK Nissan service book, regardless of when service is actually due, & whether the importer has changed the oil or not. This is quite important when it comes to selling your car on.

Excellent advice IMO and well done Nixy B):thumbs:

Just one point, I noticed that you were debating about having the undersealing done - what is other JDM owner's view on the advisability of doing this. I would've thought it would be worth doing?

Just one point, I noticed that you were debating about having the undersealing done - what is other JDM owner's view on the advisability of doing this. I would've thought it would be worth doing?

never had mine done, I just hate the sight of black gung under the arches :headhurt:

never had mine done, I just hate the sight of black gung under the arches :headhurt:

Yes but you hide yours away in the winter so you don't count! ;)

that was my next question - I've got a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks so what should I put on my list? Wheels are an obvious one but they will have to wait a while.

got to start with a honda stubby aerial first

Yes but you hide yours away in the winter so you don't count! ;)

true :blush:

Undersealing: Depends how much & how often your driving the zed.I use another car & so only drive short distances; garaged; & she doesnt come out in snow & rain if possible!! :blush:

So I didnt bother with it, but if its your daily drive, maybe worth thinking about.