It's going to be a good day! 

lcaller

Also bloody typical... An early start today , time to head into London to get the train back out to pick up the car . Today after what seems like a very long week I take delivery at 9am this morning.

A few good omens, I've been passed by a lovely bronze 350 and then a silver one.. So the day I get mine I spot another 2 after only having seen the bronze one a few times in Colchester. Bloody typical :-)

The good news is it appears to be sunny today after a wet week so I plan to drop the top and enjoy the sound of the engine through the Hatfield tunnel this morning..

Picture no doubt over the weekend.

:D

Just a follow up on the first day and drive home..

I LOVE THIS CAR!

Coming from a diesel 1.5 this car is so bloody fast and responsive. I spent most of the trip home just trying to get to grips with everything and understanding why i can actually accelerate outside of any gear past 3rd :-)

I spent the whole day with the top down and it's clear i don't have anywhere near as much hair as when i last owned a convertible since my head is well and truly burnt (a small price to pay).

Reading the economy figures from the other thread i was shocked to get an average of 26mpg considering i was up and down the range enjoying what the car can do. Let's see how it does on the long 600 mile run to France.

Finally my father who's 65 also LOVES THIS CAR! I let him drive it for a time coming back and he now wants one. No idea how he's going to finance that on a pension but if an OAP starts knocking off banks then you know who's father it is.

I've got questions about the car and where to get some bits i want to replace so expect a chunk of new threads from me and pictures shortly.

Lee

Just a follow up on the first day and drive home..

I LOVE THIS CAR!

Coming from a diesel 1.5 this car is so bloody fast and responsive. I spent most of the trip home just trying to get to grips with everything and understanding why i can actually accelerate outside of any gear past 3rd :-)

I spent the whole day with the top down and it's clear i don't have anywhere near as much hair as when i last owned a convertible since my head is well and truly burnt (a small price to pay).

Reading the economy figures from the other thread i was shocked to get an average of 26mpg considering i was up and down the range enjoying what the car can do. Let's see how it does on the long 600 mile run to France.

Finally my father who's 65 also LOVES THIS CAR! I let him drive it for a time coming back and he now wants one. No idea how he's going to finance that on a pension but if an OAP starts knocking off banks then you know who's father it is.

I've got questions about the car and where to get some bits i want to replace so expect a chunk of new threads from me and pictures shortly.

Lee

Nice write up, sounds like a bad case of zeditis you have already :teeth::drive1