More Insurance Quote Jokes

Derek_ZR

Renewal time at end of month. I don't expect to get better than who I am with the now but thought I would try confused.com anyway.

I can renew for £435 and the Post Office quote at confused was £485 with £50 postal order cash back.

Wasn't really interested with no saving but clicked on the link anway. The quote was to be £485 with a £500 xs. When I confirmed my details with no changes the xs jumped to £750 and the quote went to £1762.78.

That has cheered me up enough to make me wash the car now :D

when i first bought it, I had 1 yr ncb and the best I could find was........ £1.5k with....... £1.4k excess! And I tried EVERYONE :dry:

Was 28 then, but still :scare:

1yrs NCD on a Z :D

I have 10yrs NCD and Post Office want over £1700 :thumbdown:

when i first bought it, I had 1 yr ncb and the best I could find was........ £1.5k with....... £1.4k excess! And I tried EVERYONE :dry:

Was 28 then, but still :scare:

Weird - where do you live? For laff (kinda, as I wasn't expecting to get an online quote, but using it as a way of weighing up the feasibility of getting a "Zed"), I decided to give it a go. Basically, through Elephant/Admiral, I'm getting a quote of £890 FC, with £250 XS.

Oh, and I'm 26, 1 yr NCD, and an SP30 (without the SP30, it was £663!).

And this is a proper quote.

Just to compare - I was offered a renewal quote of over a grand on my 12 year old, tiptronic FTO, so I decided to settle for TPFT instead (especially with a possible "upgrade" looming . ;) )

Mine was £840, 3 NCB, 22, & £250 excess with mods declared :teeth: This was a lot less than the best quote I had for my Cupra in standard form, Dont think it was less than 1k with the mods declared on the Cupra

that's got me slightly worried because I got a reasonable quote from confused and now I fear it may be rubbish.

Sometimes confused.com quotes are accurate and sometimes not so best to double check.

Got an e-mail back from Post Office @ budget insurance - guess who provide their insurance......

Telling me that the confused.com / insurance supermarket quotes are not always accurate - I sent another reply back with words to the effect that their quotes are not very accurate either :D

that's got me slightly worried because I got a reasonable quote from confused and now I fear it may be rubbish.

Sometimes confused.com quotes are accurate and sometimes not so best to double check.

Got an e-mail back from Post Office @ budget insurance - guess who provide their insurance......

Telling me that the confused.com / insurance supermarket quotes are not always accurate - I sent another reply back with words to the effect that their quotes are not very accurate either :D

interestingly my best quote was from Budget insurance! Mm, i wonder

Just your luck with insurance but I'm with Privilege the now - 10yrs NCD, garaged, prot NCD, £500xs, 31/m, SP30 - £435 (with additional driver which brought it down slightly)

First Alternative were pretty close too and I used to be with them.

I just took out policy with Budget for £694. 32 9 yrs NCD and one SP30.

Mosy internet websites started at low £500's but by the time u add in No claims protection and few other bits they all go up! :angry:

Did you try direct line and first alternative ? I'm exact same as you apart from 10yrs NCD and location and renewal is £435 with protected NCD.