My Audi A4 B6 does not like all this rain

onthatB0MBSHELL

My Audi lives to fight another day,

got 3 replacement relays for a grand total of £5 at local breakers, dried her out, removed dodgy grommets that are supposed to let water drain away but dont, recharged battery and away she went :thumbs:

Also the main problem was the cover for the ECU housing has been cracked, compromising the seal, someone in the past could not be bothered removing one of the screws that holds it in place as its a bit of a b###h to get at, so they just ripped it off cracking the cover :rant:

have drilled a 8mm hole now to let any further water penetration away and will source a replacement cover. Vorsprung durch Technik :D

glad it was a cheap and easy fix :thumbs:

did something similar on my dads '04 corsa, the seal had gone around the 'blackbox' near the battery ( 1 missing screw, common fault from a quick google search) and was letting water into the passenger footwell, 1hr and cut fingers later (not much room to work) it was sorted with the aid of some clear silicon and 1 replacement screw :teeth: